Bizarre Power Deploying Running Boards Behavior

Jakes03

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 King Ranch F150
Been lurking here for about a year now. I have a 2021 King Ranch Ecoboost with all the bells and whistles I had to have, including the power deploying running boards.

I have the proximity sensor enabled and appreciate the truck having the running boards ready to go when I walk up. My issue is upon exiting and locking the truck using either the wireless fob, the lock button or the keypad causes the running boards to fold and then immediately redeploy. I'm assuming it's because I'm near enough to trip the proximity logic but it's adding an extra cycle every time I lock the darn truck.

Is this normal? Stop, open door, boards fold out, shut door, lock, boards fold in, then fold right back out until I'm far enough away that the timer folds them back in.

Thanks
Sponsored

NY Cowboy

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Lariat & 2015 Transit T-250
Occupation
Contractor
My Lariat with many "Bells & Whistles" does not have that issue. I also like that they extend when you approach and fold up when driving...mine does act as yours does.

mxc27

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150
I have the same issue, 75% of the time they immediately redeploy.

Jus Cruisin

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 GMC Sierra Denali Ultimate 4X4 - 6.2l
Occupation
Very retired
Yes it's normal either you let them retract on their own or just hit the lock button as you're walking away.

fmdog44

First Name
steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2012 F150 XL
Occupation
Retired
This is on e of many examples I always avoid ding dong options on vehicles that are as necessary as porcupine toilet paper. "If it can go wrong it will go wrong."
Sponsored