First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Lead Foot Gray XLT 5.0 Supercrew 4x4
Occupation
Veteran
Cool no problem. I just finished the install!
Nice! Hope you like it. Just FYI I have about 5k miles on mine and it does seem to have softened up after breaking it in.
Sponsored

SpaceWhiteF150

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
I knew going into this project would be a science experiment, but was not expecting the results I got. I have a 2wd 5.0 in Space White Metallic. I researched every opinion possible for leveling or lifting my truck and decided on the bilstien kit. Like I said I have a 2wd truck, according to my research I came up with that 4wd trucks sit a 1/4in taller in the front and 1-3/4in taller in the rear. Then from that I knew I wanted 2.25in of lift in the front so I ordered a 2in motofab spacer for the front and a 4wd bilstien 5100 kit. With the spacer and the bilstiens at “factory height” I got 4in of lift in the front. The uca’s where resting on the coils and I couldn’t get the sway bar on. Then I took everything off and just put the bilstiens in at “factory ride height” and put the rears in. I’m now sitting at a little over 3in in the front and 1in higher in the rear. The front measures a little over 39in to the inner fender and the rear at a little over 40in. I’m not really sure what I’m going to do now!

Sponsored

OP
OP
Tizzzo

Tizzzo

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Veteran
After driving it around it should settle a tad bit and drop and extra 1/8-1/4 I believe.

vinhdiesel

First Name
vin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 f150 platinum
i got bilstiens 6112 in front and 5140 in back. got about 3k miles on them and they seem to break in pretty good

OP
OP
Tizzzo

Tizzzo

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Veteran
i got bilstiens 6112 in front and 5140 in back. got about 3k miles on them and they seem to break in pretty good
I’ll probably upgrade to those later down the line! They’re super beefy

Sponsored

SpaceWhiteF150

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
Do both of y’all have 4wd trucks? If so can you measure to the fender on the front and back also tell me what size block is in the back of your truck? Thanks!

Lippy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Powerboost
A few questions:

(1) To install the fronts, do you need to disconnect the control arm and sway bar, like the prior year models? On my wife's Tahoe, the just unbolt.

(2) Can you adjust the ride height while they are on the truck, if you want to make a change later?

(3) I see that some guys installed just the rear 5100s. It's obviously easier. Does that make sense to do?

OP
OP
Tizzzo

Tizzzo

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Veteran
Do both of y’all have 4wd trucks? If so can you measure to the fender on the front and back also tell me what size block is in the back of your truck? Thanks!
Sorry for the delay just saw this! Yes I have a 4x4 and I’m not sure what block it has, I have the regular 4x4 sport non FX4. Here are some pictures measuring from the floor to the fender. Basically I have no rake left.

Front set at the highest 2.1 inch setting (just under 41
Ford F-150 Bilstein 5100 shocks fitment on 2021 F-150 (installed and feedback) 6C9E5DE5-238E-4F2B-BA4C-CD9F878A2531

Rear (just over 41 inches)
Ford F-150 Bilstein 5100 shocks fitment on 2021 F-150 (installed and feedback) F7B1A17B-8175-4585-94CB-68A826821E28

OP
OP
Tizzzo

Tizzzo

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Veteran
A few questions:

(1) To install the fronts, do you need to disconnect the control arm and sway bar, like the prior year models? On my wife's Tahoe, the just unbolt.

(2) Can you adjust the ride height while they are on the truck, if you want to make a change later?

(3) I see that some guys installed just the rear 5100s. It's obviously easier. Does that make sense to do?
I had a shop do the install but yes I believe you do have to remove them, the install is the same as previous gen F150. No they don’t claim to be height adjustable while on the truck but honestly I don’t see why you can’t just add some spring compressors to hold the spring in place while you lower the setting while it’s installed on the truck. Seems doable to me but that’s just my opinion. The rear 5100s help out a lot to eliminate the bouncy feeling on the rear end with the stock suspension so it just all depends if you want to add the front to be able to lift the truck to get it leveled or just get rid of the bouncy rear end or both.

Munro75

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 f150 powerboost
I would love to see some pictures with the raptor wheels and tires if you get a chance.
:)

Hey guys just to give an update on my feedback, I recently swapped out my stock 18inch wheels and 295/70/18 nitto ridge grappler tires to some raptor 17 inch take offs with BF Goodrich KO2s 315/70/17 and this new set up is perfect! Having the Bilsteins at the highest 2.1 setting meant the springs were at the most aggressive preload and made the suspension feel very firm. Not harsh at all but very firm, especially with the stiff E rated tires. Now that I swapped to softer C rated tires and the tires have some flex to them the ride feels so much better! It absorbs small bumps smoother now and feels very plush and comfortable. Both sets were at 38 psi for reference. Also at the highest 2.1 setting my truck looks perfectly level with almost no rake at all, I will try to get exact measurements soon. My suggestion/advice would be to run the 1.75 setting to leave some rake and slightly more comfortable ride as well as choosing a C, D, or E rated tire depending on how firm you like your ride with C being the softest and E the firmest. Hope this helps! For the money this suspension is awesome and I am extremely happy with the ride.
I
Sponsored