Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Lead Foot Gray XLT 5.0 Supercrew 4x4
Occupation
Veteran
E1DAF75E-6A92-4CDB-B179-D6BFF689B2DA.jpeg

Installed a week ago and just got a bath today! I’m blown away by the ride improvements, less body roll, more road feel, feels stiffer and stronger in all driving situations. Haven’t been off-road yet, but loving the leveled look. Thanks for all the good reviews making me pull the trigger on the Bilstien kit!
Looks awesome, glad you like them!
Sponsored

beavo451

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150
Did any of y’all install them y’all’s selves? If so how did you remove the front sway bar to drop the lca allowing you to drop the strut?

Installed a week ago and just got a bath today! I’m blown away by the ride improvements, less body roll, more road feel, feels stiffer and stronger in all driving situations. Haven’t been off-road yet, but loving the leveled look. Thanks for all the good reviews making me pull the trigger on the Bilstien kit!
Looks great. Did you answer your own question? I'm going to get the fronts in the future; do you have any install tips?

OP
OP
SpaceWhiteF150

SpaceWhiteF150

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
First off get the whole kit! Use PB blaster on the knuckle and upper control arm the night before. Loosen the sway bar from the truck on both sides before starting(without taking the whole thing off), but only unbolt the top sway bar link when removing the knuckle. Don’t worry about using a spring compressor it’s the easiest part. Multiple floor jacks really make the install smooth. Having someone help you is nice. Use blue thread sealer. Be patient, take your time, and enjoy working on your truck!

Sponsored

steveoeg6

First Name
steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 XLT Screw 6.5 powerboost
Occupation
shipping
I installed the 5160s in the rear, while I wait for the 2021 specific front 5100s to ship. I know the 5100s wont have the benefit of the remote resi's, but if they are close in performance to the 5160s, I will be happy. Very planted feel. From my perspective, there may be a tiny loss in comfort from a compliance standpoint as compared to the stock F4X shocks, but that is totally mitigated by the excellent road manners and control. I am very pleased with this package. I feel like its an excellent all around upgrade, especially considering the price point.

ADPSMP

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XLT SPORT FX4

What height setting did you go with in the front struts? I have a set of the 5100's ordered for my 2021 XLT. Had 5100's on my previous 2019 STX set at 1.75" and liked the stance, but the new ones have different height settings. I'm thinking going with the 2.0" setting....but yours looks about perfect.

OP
OP
SpaceWhiteF150

SpaceWhiteF150

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
What height setting did you go with in the front struts? I have a set of the 5100's ordered for my 2021 XLT. Had 5100's on my previous 2019 STX set at 1.75" and liked the stance, but the new ones have different height settings. I'm thinking going with the 2.0" setting....but yours looks about perfect.

I have a 2wd truck, so I have the 4wd struts and shocks giving me about 3in in the front and 1in in the rear. The front struts are at zero. Tizzio has a 4wd at max height and got about 2.5in in the front.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150XLT 2.7
I've got the FX4 package and was thinking about doing the rears only and leaving at stock height. I've read a lot of reviews (mostly positive) and people report that they stop the rear end from hopping around and reduce body roll. I can't say that I've experienced any hopping in the rear end. A few people have said they couldn't tell a difference or the 5100's (rear only) were too stiff for their liking. I do notice that the truck has a very floaty feeling driving down the road and I haven't yet decided if I like that or not. It's definitely not "planted" but it's a nice soft ride. I figured I would start with the rears because I can install them myself and do the front's another time but only raise the front 0.75".
did you ever replace your rears? and if so what was your opinion, I too am considering same move

K9shag

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
1634944720872.png

its a 315/70/17
I just acquired the same set of Raptor take offs (2400 miles) and today ordered my Billstiens (front are on backorder for 21/22) Hopefully they are in at the end of the month. My plan was to use the second setting to have an ever slight rake. I have a lead foot as well, although an STX 4x4. It is nice to see how mine will look. I actually watched a video showing you can put these wheels and tires on an unlifted 21/22 F150 with no rub or cutting. I might try it while I wait for the parts to arrive.

Sponsored

Tizzzo

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Lead Foot Gray XLT 5.0 Supercrew 4x4
Occupation
Veteran
I just acquired the same set of Raptor take offs (2400 miles) and today ordered my Billstiens (front are on backorder for 21/22) Hopefully they are in at the end of the month. My plan was to use the second setting to have an ever slight rake. I have a lead foot as well, although an STX 4x4. It is nice to see how mine will look. I actually watched a video showing you can put these wheels and tires on an unlifted 21/22 F150 with no rub or cutting. I might try it while I wait for the parts to arrive.
Nice, hope you like the ride! The second second from the top is definitely the way to go to keep some rake left, let us know how it works out for you!

Mladen5375

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 lariat powerboost, 2018 G80 Sport 3.3T
Occupation
Engineer

Is yours the FX4 package?

Jarm0c

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 F-150
I know this is an old thread, but curious for those who've been responding—does the preload on the front springs using 5100's for leveling cause the truck to feel like it has less damping? Trying to find out if road driving will be negatively impacted by leveling.

OP
OP
SpaceWhiteF150

SpaceWhiteF150

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
The only thing I have noticed is less down travel. When going over certain dips you can feel the front end drop. Maybe longer upper control arms would fix it? I’m not sure yet, but will test it out.
Sponsored