Sponsored

Bilstein 5100 feedback?

SpaceWhiteF150

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
Wondering how y’all are liking y’all’s 5100 shocks? Was there any settling in the front end? How is overall ride quality? Would love to see trucks leveled on 5100s!
Sponsored

KEJ2

First Name
Butch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XLT EB
Wondering how y’all are liking y’all’s 5100 shocks? Was there any settling in the front end? How is overall ride quality? Would love to see trucks leveled on 5100s!
I had them on my 2018 set at 1.75. It was the perfect height (slight rake) and never settled that I noticed. But to be honest they were a bit stiff for me. But you will find that opinions vary widely on that. I now have a 21 with very few options out yet.

Tizzzo

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Lead Foot Gray XLT 5.0 Supercrew 4x4
Occupation
Veteran
I have another thread that I was just about to update with some feedback. this is the link https://www.f150gen14.com/forum/thr...nt-on-2021-f-150-installed-and-feedback.5317/
But to summarize they ride firm but not harsh. They also seem to soften up a tad after breaking in. They make the truck feel planted and controlled, no more floaty boat like feel that the stock shocks have. I set mine at the highest setting which is 2.1 and seemed nose high at first but settled a bit after an off-roading trip and now its perfectly leveled. Personally I would recommend the 1.75 setting to not go overboard on the preload and to make the suspension a slight bit softer. Also tire choice is important, I was running E rated Nitto Ridge grapplers and the combination of a stiff tire and firm suspension made you feel more bumps on the road but handled big bumps very smoothly. Now I am running BF Goodrich KO2s in C rated and to me it is the perfect combination! The tires are softer and give more flex so it absorbs small bumps in the road a lot smoother now and the ride is very plush and comfortable but controlled and planted.

Sponsored

braaap

First Name
Barrett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2005 tundra and 2021 F150 XLT 6.5’ bed
I have another thread that I was just about to update with some feedback. this is the link https://www.f150gen14.com/forum/thr...nt-on-2021-f-150-installed-and-feedback.5317/
But to summarize they ride firm but not harsh. They also seem to soften up a tad after breaking in. They make the truck feel planted and controlled, no more floaty boat like feel that the stock shocks have. I set mine at the highest setting which is 2.1 and seemed nose high at first but settled a bit after an off-roading trip and now its perfectly leveled. Personally I would recommend the 1.75 setting to not go overboard on the preload and to make the suspension a slight bit softer. Also tire choice is important, I was running E rated Nitto Ridge grapplers and the combination of a stiff tire and firm suspension made you feel more bumps on the road but handled big bumps very smoothly. Now I am running BF Goodrich KO2s in C rated and to me it is the perfect combination! The tires are softer and give more flex so it absorbs small bumps in the road a lot smoother now and the ride is very plush and comfortable but controlled and planted.
What size are your KO2’s in C rating?

pics?

Littlefield82

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Lariat 502a PB FX4 5.5'
Occupation
Civil Engineer
I've got the FX4 package and was thinking about doing the rears only and leaving at stock height. I've read a lot of reviews (mostly positive) and people report that they stop the rear end from hopping around and reduce body roll. I can't say that I've experienced any hopping in the rear end. A few people have said they couldn't tell a difference or the 5100's (rear only) were too stiff for their liking. I do notice that the truck has a very floaty feeling driving down the road and I haven't yet decided if I like that or not. It's definitely not "planted" but it's a nice soft ride. I figured I would start with the rears because I can install them myself and do the front's another time but only raise the front 0.75".

Sponsored

OP
OP
SpaceWhiteF150

SpaceWhiteF150

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
Did any of y’all install them y’all’s selves? If so how did you remove the front sway bar to drop the lca allowing you to drop the strut?

OP
OP
SpaceWhiteF150

SpaceWhiteF150

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
Ford F-150 Bilstein 5100 feedback? E1DAF75E-6A92-4CDB-B179-D6BFF689B2DA

Installed a week ago and just got a bath today! I’m blown away by the ride improvements, less body roll, more road feel, feels stiffer and stronger in all driving situations. Haven’t been off-road yet, but loving the leveled look. Thanks for all the good reviews making me pull the trigger on the Bilstien kit!