First Name
Emmett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Ford F-150 Lariat PowerBoost
Occupation
Old Time Geek
Like many of you, I immediately leveled my truck and threw some bigger, more aggressive tires on there. I had it done at the dealership, before I even took the vehicle. I assumed (yes... I know what happens when you ass-u-me), that the dealership would reprogram the truck for the new tire size. Well, guess what? The wonderful state of California will not allow a dealer to make those changes to the computer because it could possibly affect the emissions of the vehicle!

Apparently, they don't care that NOT changing the tire size in the computer makes the odometer incorrect.... along with the MPG calculations. Doh!

(Guess I'll have to figure out the Forscan tweak for tiresize)
Sponsored

Last edited:

Zyvin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Crew, FX4, Lariat
Like many of you, I immediately leveled my truck and threw some bigger, more aggressive tires on there. I had it done at the dealership, before I even took the vehicle. I assumed (yes... I know what happens when you ass-u-me), that the dealership would reprogram the truck for the new tire size. Well, guess what? The wonderful state of California will not allow a dealer to make those changes to the computer because it could possibly affect the emissions of the vehicle!

Apparently, they don't care that NOT changing the tire size in the computer makes the odometer incorrect.... along with the MPG calculations. Doh!

(Guess I'll have to figure out the Forscan tweak for tiresize)
WOW, a MPH calculation changes the amount of emissions coming from the tailpipe. I wish I was smart enough to live in CA. A smart dealer would do it and say they changed settings in the BCM, not the PCM.

jstulbaum

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 F150 Fx4 302a
Hope this isn’t the case for me in Santa Clarita. Need to update my speedometer.
Sponsored