• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Bigger or smaller dealer to get Lightning earlier?

Jaspernuts

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 mustang
Do you think there is an advantage of going with a bigger or smaller dealer to get your order quicker? I have both near me.
Sponsored

metroshot

First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat F150L + 2023 MME
Occupation
Networking Tech
Whichever you want to deal with - all dealers will have an allocation number so you should ask how many are on the reservation list ahead of you with your nearby dealers.

Ask them if they mark up from MSRP.

I chose mine after passing 8 other closer dealers - they communicated very quickly and will not charge over MSRP plus they are a big Ford dealer specializing in Roush modified trucks.

rodhx

First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 Mach E 4x, 03 IS300, 06 Ridgeline
If it’s like the Mach E they will have to be EV certified dealers. I would think the truck would prompt more dealers to go on the program but I couldn’t get my Mach E from my first two dealer choices as they could not get the cars.

PungoteagueDave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla MX, Porsche C4S, Ford F-350 KR, Ford F-150 K
Occupation
retired
Your reservation is with Ford not the dealer.

Sponsored

Pioneer74

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER - 2022 Mach-E Premium
Occupation
Electrician
Your reservation is with Ford not the dealer.
It doesn't matter.
I think it will matter. Look at what is happening with Bronco orders. The National Dealer Council complained to Ford, and Ford caved. Timestamp doesn't matter to Bronco orders anymore. Larger dealers are getting the allocation. No allocation, no Bronco. There is nothing to suggest this won't happen with the Lightning.

If you have a chance to order from a larger dealer, and you can get the pricing you want in writing, that might be the safe bet.

shutterbug

First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mastang Mach-E Grabber Blue First Edition
I think it will matter. Look at what is happening with Bronco orders. The National Dealer Council complained to Ford, and Ford caved. Timestamp doesn't matter to Bronco orders anymore. Larger dealers are getting the allocation. No allocation, no Bronco. There is nothing to suggest this won't happen with the Lightning.

If you have a chance to order from a larger dealer, and you can get the pricing you want in writing, that might be the safe bet.
I think that those of us that went through MME ordering, make the assumption that Lightning orders will follow the same path. There is something to be said for that. OTOH, I don't think that MME reservations ever exceeded the planned production like Lightning has. So Ford will have to do some rationing. How it will be done, we can't know yet.

GarageMahal

First Name
JT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2003 Mercury Marauder; 2023 Lightning XLT SR
Occupation
Geek

Losi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Chrysler Town and Country
I understand the anxiety and frustration here, but I’ve always thought the $100 refundable deposit was so inconsequential and lacking of any serious commitment from prospective buyers as to feel meaningless anyway (many will just cancel so what’s the point). Unfortunately, it appears Ford has taken a similar, cynical view.

Make it a $1,000 non-refundable deposit and Ford would really be on the line to deliver and honor the timestamp and not f$&! with people.

Sponsored

adoublee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2 EVs
That is just sad. All the promises Ford made to reservation holders were meaningless.
I inquired with Granger and they said my reservation timestamp would set my place in line (of their dealership). But they just say they have "no insight into allocation at this point". Apparently there will be a limit to the number of units a given dealer is sent, which officially makes these dealer reservations and not Ford reservations.

Brian Head Yankee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Bronco Sport, Chevy Colorado 4x4
And if you look deeper into the Granger line, they received 200 allocations for 600 reservations. I tried to warn Bronco buyers but 400 guys are screwed. If Ford allocates like they did with the Bronco, going to a local big dealer is your best shot.

OP
OP

Jaspernuts

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 mustang
It's tough. I know it's based off allocation and the big dealer will get more units. But the smaller dealer that caters to rural farmers I just don't see them getting many reservations. Thinking my odds might be better there. Both have said they are selling at msrp.

RonTCat

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E

You are confusing allocation with reservation.