Sponsored

Best Way to find a Lariat to match my existing spec nationwide?

HDT05

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2024 F150 Lariat 502A FX4 5.0
Hi all

My 2021 lariat is reaching the point over the next 2 months where I either turn it over or get locked in to the lease end a few months later. I'm looking to off load my existing 2021 with a high spec and roll it over to a new one and have the deal done before early December.

It's a lease and although I could pay it out, it seems dumb to pay out so much on something which whilst in excellent condition and I love it, would then have cost me the payments plus the buyout....

So, looking to buy new....

Checked the Ford build site and it limits me on location, whereas sites like cargurus don't allow you to spec it out for specifics (eg I like the chrome trim better than the sport interior, I want a sunroof again, V8 etc)...

Obviously I'm looking for a fair deal so not interested in going through the 'walk in to a dealership and be a number' sales approach. My local dealership guys are awesome with the service but they have very little inventory and would have to get it in.

Have looked at the inventories of the Granger Ford, Ourisman without success.

Can anyone suggest a way of a comprehensive search medium where I can find a stock truck I can do a deal on?

Appreciate the help.....

thanks
Sponsored

fordtruckman2003

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 FX4 Lariat
So you want to find a 23 with less features due to chip shortages? 🤔

Jimi

First Name
Jimi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lariat Powerboost 502a Sport appearance
Occupation
Owner/Driver
Hi all

My 2021 lariat is reaching the point over the next 2 months where I either turn it over or get locked in to the lease end a few months later. I'm looking to off load my existing 2021 with a high spec and roll it over to a new one and have the deal done before early December.

It's a lease and although I could pay it out, it seems dumb to pay out so much on something which whilst in excellent condition and I love it, would then have cost me the payments plus the buyout....

Checked the Ford build site and it limits me on location, whereas sites like cargurus don't allow you to spec it out for specifics (eg I like the chrome trim better than the sport interior, I want a sunroof again, V8 etc)...

Obviously I'm looking for a fair deal so not interested in going through the 'walk in to a dealership and be a number' sales approach. My local dealership guys are awesome with the service but they have very little inventory and would have to get it in.

Can anyone suggest a way of a comprehensive search medium where I can find a stock truck I can do a deal on?

Appreciate the help.....

thanks
I have a 502a package Powerboost Lariat loaded. I don't know how far you're willing to go, but here in upstate NY we have dealership chain, WestHerr Ford that's really good at working with you and they seem to have everything. Good luck. 🤞
Ford F-150 Best Way to find a Lariat to match my existing spec nationwide? 20230801_114945
i⁸

dolsen

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rapid Red 701A
I used the autotrader.com website to find the exact Platinum I wanted. The dealer was 500 miles away and drove it to me for a small fee.

their filters are pretty good and I think it has the highest number of dealers on it compared to the 5-6 other sites I used

fordtruckman2003

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 FX4 Lariat
Cars.com can filter decent too but it's up to dealers to create accurate listings.

Sponsored

bigbulls

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Tremor
On the Ford site, search inventory put in your spec's and click 100 mile radius then search. In the top bar on your computer that shows the search address you will see radius 100 appox. in the middle of the long address, you can change that 100 to 500 which is the max it will allow hit enter. I just checked to make sure it still worked my zip was 22 trucks and it went to 118 trucks with the change and then you have to move around the country your local zip code. It takes some time but if you look at a map and a little time it will pay off.

OP
OP
HDT05

HDT05

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
So you want to find a 23 with less features due to chip shortages? 🤔
Ok... I don't have a choice because of timing.... what features have been removed in the 23's?

OP
OP
HDT05

HDT05

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
On the Ford site, search inventory put in your spec's and click 100 mile radius then search. In the top bar on your computer that shows the search address you will see radius 100 appox. in the middle of the long address, you can change that 100 to 500 which is the max it will allow hit enter. I just checked to make sure it still worked my zip was 22 trucks and it went to 118 trucks with the change and then you have to move around the country your local zip code. It takes some time but if you look at a map and a little time it will pay off.
THanks for that... I'll give it a try

Cars.com can filter decent too but it's up to dealers to create accurate listings.
Thank you... appreciate that

I have a 502a package Powerboost Lariat loaded. I don't know how far you're willing to go, but here in upstate NY we have dealership chain, WestHerr Ford that's really good at working with you and they seem to have everything. Good luck. 🤞
Thanks for that... will have a look....

I used the autotrader.com website to find the exact Platinum I wanted. The dealer was 500 miles away and drove it to me for a small fee.

their filters are pretty good and I think it has the highest number of dealers on it compared to the 5-6 other sites I used
Thanks for that.. appreciate it....

Blue

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 XLT
Hi all

Appreciate the help.....

thanks
I hope you have looked at the nice increase in leasing costs. My 2021 lease is up next April and I was just going to lease a 2024 until I looked at the prices. The sticker on my 2021 XLT was 60k and the monthly is $500. To lease a 2024 with exactly the same options the cost is up to $775 a month. So I am going to buy out the 21 lease which only has 19000 miles for $32000 and drive it until the next gen comes out.

Sponsored

ks54703

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22,XLT,302a,2.7EB,19Escape,87 GLHS 79 Magnun GT
Occupation
Retired IBEW Local 14 inside wireman
Ok... I don't have a choice because of timing.... what features have been removed in the 23's?
502a no heated steering, heated mirrors , changes to Sirius XM, lane centering blue cruise adaptive cruise system changes, no dial temp readout now the dual zone dials are blank and the temp setting readings are in the 12" screen. This is just the obvious few.

Build your vehicle on the Ford web site. Change the search zip codes to a area your comfortable driving to. As during Covid times a Dealer Trade may now be a thing of the past for awhile.

Used late model vehicles are keeping their value much longer because of the shutdown along with the lower number of vehicles being made since 2019.

If you have a trouble free vehicle look at the buy out price VS new lease price along with a higher insurance premiums and possible higher registration fees for a Hybrid type vehicle.

novadan67

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2013 F150 Lariat
Occupation
Engineer
502a no heated steering, heated mirrors , changes to Sirius XM, lane centering blue cruise adaptive cruise system changes, no dial temp readout now the dual zone dials are blank and the temp setting readings are in the 12" screen. This is just the obvious few.
My 2023 502a (built 9/20) has all of those features except the temp readout in the dials... most deletes are back now.

powerboatr

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 King Ranch 4x4
Occupation
Retired Navy Senior Chief
car gurus, and ford build and price with a set of zip codes ...i need to try the 500 radius now...that would help alot.

OP
OP
HDT05

HDT05

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Thanks for that... I've noticed some new trucks on Auto Trader have pics showing the auto start stop button missing... so after some reading I see that it has been deleted... does that mean it does stop at idle and we cannot override it or that the whole switch of at stop is gone?
Sponsored

Last edited: