Sponsored

Best Tonneau / Bed-liner combo that minimizes Payload hit?

BoostedSushi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 F-150 Platinum PB 4WD
Hi all,

I tried searching and couldn't find anyone asking a similar question.

I would like to get a tonneau to cover the bed and a bedliner to cover the bottom. What combination would have the lowest hit to my payload number, but provide acceptable quality and protection? I know we'll be buying a travel trailer in the coming months, so I'd like to avoid too big of a hit if at all possible. Definitely would not be opposed to something I could completely take out when towing.

Thanks for your help!
Sponsored

Davexxxx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 PB 501a 4x4 short bed 7.2KW. PL=1658lbs.
I'm in the same boat, wanting to maximize payload and shopped for accessories with weigh considerations.

I have a list with the weights somewhere but not finding it right now.

I have an Access Original Tonneau on my current truck, so that what the new one will get and decided on the Weathertech bed liner and tailgate cover. Its some unbelievably small amount of weight. 8 lbs. or something.

22stx

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 F150 STX
Occupation
Truck driver
I went with a dual liner bed liner. I'm not sure of the weight but it seems fairly light except maybe the rubber mat for the floor. Easy to install yourself. I also went with the truxedo tonneau cover which I don't believe is heavy but it's the old Velcro style not the tri fold.

SpaceWhiteF150

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
Bedliner has to be lighter than a bed rug? Not sure though.
I run a American Tonneau Pro lo pro, amazingly light. That comes in at only 32lbs!

Sponsored

Cb Mw

First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Bike
Bedliner has to be lighter than a bed rug? Not sure though.
I run a American Tonneau Pro lo pro, amazingly light. That comes in at only 32lbs!
LineX is about 50 lbs.

32 is light for a Tonneau. 👍

redline

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 f150, BMW X5, BMW M3,
Occupation
Sales
A hard or soft cover , that will impact weight and security….

if you are concerned with 30 lbs vs 50 lbs vs 0 for none … your screwed buy a smaller trailer or a bigger truck

SpaceWhiteF150

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
Lomax tri fold: 50 lbs
Bed rug: 8 lbs
Full bed rug with sides is about 17lbs, you must only have the mat.
Dang, still cant believe linex weighs between 40-70lbs according to there site!

So it looks like a light tonneau and bed rug is the way to go.

Cb Mw

First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Bike
Full bed rug with sides is about 17lbs, you must only have the mat.
Dang, still cant believe linex weighs between 40-70lbs according to there site!

So it looks like a light tonneau and bed rug is the way to go.
You're right on the bedrug at 17. Not sure where I got the 8 that I noted. Thanks

Sponsored

SpaceWhiteF150

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
You're right on the bedrug at 17. Not sure where I got the 8 that I noted. Thanks
No problem, I think the 8lbs is the weight for the normal bed rug that just covers the bottom, not the full one that covers the sides also.

thebigdu

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat Sport PowerBoost
Lomax tri fold: 50 lbs
Bed rug: 8 lbs
This is my setup. Just haven't had time to install the Bedrug yet. Also sometimes wish I'd gone with the Lomax Stance instead of their standard tri-fold. Something for OP to consider.

UNIKRN150

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Pinto SE 4x4
I went with the Undercover SE.

It's waterPROOF (not water "resistant") and I can remove & replace it by myself in 15min.

Through car washes and even with the torrential rains of 2022-23 my bed has NEVER seen a drop of water.

Ford F-150 Best Tonneau / Bed-liner combo that minimizes Payload hit? Undercover SE

JJSnell

First Name
JJSnell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Platinum FX4 PB
Occupation
Owner, IT Consulting\MSP company.
Some people don't like em and not sure why, but I have always used Truxedo LoPro soft rollup. Not sure of weight, its light. Comes of in about 5 mins and put back on in 5-10. Durable in 100° summers and this last winter was -11°.
Three trucks now from 2011 and never an issue, theft or problem.
Can't recall the name of my bedliner but I think it looks better than Line-X and other mainstream brands.... Milspec, it's called Milspec, don't know weight, sorry.

Davexxxx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 PB 501a 4x4 short bed 7.2KW. PL=1658lbs.
Some people don't like em and not sure why, but I have always used Truxedo LoPro soft rollup. Not sure of weight, its light. Comes of in about 5 mins and put back on in 5-10. Durable in 100° summers and this last winter was -11°.
Three trucks now from 2011 and never an issue, theft or problem.
Can't recall the name of my bedliner but I think it looks better than Line-X and other mainstream brands.... Milspec, it's called Milspec, don't know weight, sorry.
Yeah, I've had a soft rollup tonneau since I bought my 2001 new. Factory ordered, dealer installed.

It was certainly showing its age when I replaced it a few yrs ago but even then, barely leaked. and then, only a little and only on the edge. You packed strategically and there was no problem.

I don't often frequent places where such things might happen but never had anyone mess with it and when you needed the full bed, its there. Replaced it with an Access Original and like it even more. Doesn't leak at all, rolls up in ~2 minutes, and locks into place in less than that.
Sponsored