Sponsored

Best tailgate seal for automatic tailgate?

Duckgumbeaux

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Platinum
Occupation
Retired
Has anyone installed a tailgate seal kit on a 2021 F150 with the automatic up and down gate? I have installed two different kits per instructions and they do not stay attached to the bed. Interested in something that will work. My last effort was the Truxseal kit
Sponsored

imnuts

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 502A Powerboost 4×4
Occupation
Facilities Engineer
Have you tried the Ford seal kit? I saw one or two posts where that works for people. The only place it has issues is where the motor is for the power tailgate.

OP
OP

Duckgumbeaux

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Platinum
Occupation
Retired
I saw that but does anyone have the part number. Not sure if that is what i want. Waiting for more input hopefully

BLoflin

First Name
Brooks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 KR PB 6.5'
Occupation
retired
Has anyone installed a tailgate seal kit on a 2021 F150 with the automatic up and down gate? I have installed two different kits per instructions and they do not stay attached to the bed. Interested in something that will work. My last effort was the Truxseal kit
Installation prep is key for applying 3M adhesive add-ons.

Need to ensure ambient temp is not too cold or to hot. The surface also not to cold or to hot (like when sitting in the sun for a while).

Need to wash, with soap, the area well. I usually go the further step, after drying the area is to wipe with rubbing alcohol just the area of contact. To ensure no film/grease/wax. Let it air dry. Doesn't take long. Then apply. Let it bond for a while, before anything that would apply sideways pressure (like closing the tailgate).

Sponsored

OzzieSr

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21' Lariat Sport 502A

Bbass5

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F 150
I’ve been doing some reading about this topic from various posts on this forum. I want to seal my tailgate cause I’m gonna put a tonneau cover on it. I’m still waiting on my truck but I plan on ordering the ESI tailgate seal. https://extrudedsolutions.com/products/ultimate-tailgate-seal-large-6ft
You can also get it on Amazon.

Their website is awesome (albeit a little dated) because they provide detailed install instruction for several makes and models of trucks. Here’s the guide for 2021 F-150s: https://tailgateseal.com/FordF150-2021.html

Hope this helps! Please post some pics/review of what you choose and how well it works.
Sponsored