• ⛔️ EFFECTIVE JANUARY 16, 2023 ⛔️ 

ATTENTION SELLERS: All users who wish to sell in the marketplace are now required to abide by the following RULES. If a sales thread/post created ON OR AFTER January 16, 2023, does not comply, it is subject to DELETION without notice.

ATTENTION BUYERS: If you see a non-compliant sales thread, please REPORT the thread and take CAUTION when transacting.

Rule #1 - Post a picture of the actual item you are selling (NO stock photos).
    Rule #2 - The picture must include a REAL piece of paper with your Username and the Date written on it next to the product you are selling. NO photoshop or digitally edited photos are allowed.
    Rule #3 - NO "feeler" threads are permitted. This section is only for items that are actually available and ready to be sold currently.
    Rule #4 - The listing must include an asking price. OBO (or best offer) is allowed but it must be accompanied by an asking price.
    Rule #5 - No "threadcrapping." Classifieds threads are not meant for negative discussions. Comments on pricing are not allowed. Only people with genuine questions and interest in the item for sale should be posting in the classifieds threads.
Sponsored

Best place to sell OEM wheels / Price?

Smroepe

First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XLT Sport SuperCrew
Trying to sell my 20” dark alloy OEM wheels and stock tires. Not sure of where I should price them. The dynapros are about $800 new on discount tire and the wheels were a $1395 option.
I’m looking for pickup only. Is Craigslist even a thing anymore? Facebook marketplace? Anyone have any luck in this area?
Sponsored

H33

First Name
Herb
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 F150 King Ranch, JGC Summit, Chry 200 HT Conv
Sold my OEM tires on Craigslist, priced little under 1/2 of new, had a number of lowball offers however gone in ~5 days @ ask. Same post on Facebook Marketplace...Lots of watchers, no buyers.

Would think more posts (CL, FB, Forum) would mean wider buyer audience, but also check the market i.e. likely other sales out there for same items, and price accordingly.

Knickell

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mazda Protege, Ford F-150
A good place is probably right here on this site.

Maybe just do it through DM, though, once negotiations get serious.

GregL

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XLT Sport
I would be VERY interest but I'm outside Chicago. Can we talk about shipping? I know you werent hoping to ship.

jvbronco

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XLT
I always post to FB Marketplace (including local buy/sell groups) and Craigslist. For anything priced over, say $100, I tend to have better luck with Craigslist. It's usually all about catching the one guy at just the right time in his search so it can take a bit longer.

For example, I just sold a truck topper to an older gentleman who was about to leave on a trip to Florida. He and his wife picked up a scooter on a whim and suddenly needed covered storage for their trip. He happened to have a 2014-2018 White Silverado... I had forgotten about the Craigslist ad but had dropped the price on Facebook several times. Got a full-price offer through Craigslist.

Get it posted to Craigslist. Someone with an XL or XLT truck looking to upgrade their wheels will come along eventually.

Sponsored

jb55

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150
Occupation
IT
Sold mine on FB Marketplace for $1000. Did not want to haggle or drive an hour to maybe meet someone so I took a reasonable price for quick sale.

OP
OP

Smroepe

First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XLT Sport SuperCrew
I ended up doing the same
Sponsored