First Name
Saša
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Limited (AMB)
Occupation
Energy
Newbie here so apologize upfront if already discussed (could not find).

Has anyone used the Ford Bed Extender with a bed mat & cover (mine has a Husky & Retrax)? Concerned the added height of the mat will interfere with the "legs" when trying to fold out and/or close the bed cover.

Thank you!
Yes. Had same concerns and all is good. I have Line-X Platinum spray, Black Armour mat (probably thickest available) and Retrax XR Pro tonneau cover. I installed the Ford bed extender and all is good and fits. All I had to do is use the thinner rubber bumpers on the inner flip (truck bed) and thicker ones on the outer flip (tailgate) side.
Sponsored

dantheman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 XLT powerboost
I got 6 or 7 of these in there and they’re so big that there’s not much room for them to be shifting around too much.
Keeps car stuff separated from other stuff and most of them are empty for when I need a clean spot to put some purchases or whatever.
(My truck bed is not the cleanest since the cover isn’t water proof and water from rain and the car wash get in there sometimes.)
But whenever I need a larger space in the bed these things just stack into each other to make more available floor space or I can just throw them all on top of each other in my garage since they’re also very light.
AAA1251C-D1DE-4F42-8624-D38F0D4E9E71.jpeg
This is exactly what I did. They had a 37? gal one with a missing lid for sale cheap. Its big enough that you can grab it from the tailgate when it slides around under the cover, but small enough that it doesn't take up too much space. Just about the right size to put groceries in as well.

petervenkman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Lariat Powerboost
I've used a 2x8 forever in the bed of my 2009 and 2016 F150's to keep things from sliding forward. Unfortunately, I noticed when I took a 5.5' bed 2021 XLT Powerboost for a test drive that the driver's side no longer has those slots. The one I drove and all the pictures I've seen are with pro-power onboard on the driver's side where the slots would be, but I doubt the sheet metal is different with or without that option.
This is a bummer. I like using a board as it can easily be laid down out of the way or even discarded if need be. I ordered a Lariat Powerboost 5.5 bed.

anyone else confirm this?

daemonic3

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 F150 3.5EB
Occupation
Engineer
This is a bummer. I like using a board as it can easily be laid down out of the way or even discarded if need be. I ordered a Lariat Powerboost 5.5 bed.

anyone else confirm this?
Can confirm, there are no ridges on the left rear area where the new outlets are. There are still ridges on the right, due to tradition I'm sure.

Ford F-150 Best bed dividers and organizers 20210313_144520

petervenkman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Lariat Powerboost
Can confirm, there are no ridges on the left rear area where the new outlets are. There are still ridges on the right, due to tradition I'm sure.

20210313_144520.jpg
thanks. that kinda sucks. you enjoy the folding divider? do they get in the way of 4x8 sheets of plywood?

Sponsored

daemonic3

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 F150 3.5EB
Occupation
Engineer
thanks. that kinda sucks. you enjoy the folding divider? do they get in the way of 4x8 sheets of plywood?
If your question is "Can I still lay my tailgate flat, and carry some 4x8' plywood in the bed, sticking out a few feet?" then no, they do not. When folded in the "stow" position on the sides, they have less profile than the wheel wells. We have 4'3" between wheel wells.

petervenkman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Lariat Powerboost
If your question is "Can I still lay my tailgate flat, and carry some 4x8' plywood in the bed, sticking out a few feet?" then no, they do not. When folded in the "stow" position on the sides, they have less profile than the wheel wells. We have 4'3" between wheel wells.
yep. that's what I meant. I know a 4x8 will lay down between the wheel wells. was curious if you could still do that. you answered it perfect.

another bummer though.

Wookie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Platinum Powerboost
Very nice feature. Is this called a tub on Amazon? Do you happen to have the brand and part number? I have the expandable cargo rod. Thanks !
If I had to guess he's using an under seat organizer and anchored it to a cargo bar. It took me a bit of searching on amazon but there are several options about that length with the higher back.

https://www.amazon.com/s?k=truck+underseat+storage&crid=2XACNF42ZSBK7&sprefix=truck+undersea,aps,205&ref=nb_sb_ss_ts-doa-p_1_14

Rich1982

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XLT/302A
Occupation
Semi retired
Newbie here so apologize upfront if already discussed (could not find).

Has anyone used the Ford Bed Extender with a bed mat & cover (mine has a Husky & Retrax)? Concerned the added height of the mat will interfere with the "legs" when trying to fold out and/or close the bed cover.

Thank you!
I have not but curious of your experience with the Husky bed mat?

DSB1995

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
I've used a 2x8 forever in the bed of my 2009 and 2016 F150's to keep things from sliding forward. Unfortunately, I noticed when I took a 5.5' bed 2021 XLT Powerboost for a test drive that the driver's side no longer has those slots. The one I drove and all the pictures I've seen are with pro-power onboard on the driver's side where the slots would be, but I doubt the sheet metal is different with or without that option.
Has anyone tried an e-Track board holder to mount a 2x4 between the box link mounts and then build a simple wall / barrier from the 2x4? Seems like this could be done for <$50.....assuming lumber is not still crazy prices.

Sponsored

hydrant328

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
Ford says we need part ML3Z-99286A40-A to fit the 2021 F150, 5.5 bed. The FL3Z-99286A40-C looks the same. Any ideas if it would fit. There's a good difference in price.

Blueshound

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
I use an old 1 x 10 of #2 pine, cut to length. Very light weight. Shimmed the ends a bit for a snug fit. At current lumber prices it might be cheaper to buy the Ford part!

Black_Armour

First Name
Black Armour Bed Mats
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Trucks
Yes. Had same concerns and all is good. I have Line-X Platinum spray, Black Armour mat (probably thickest available) and Retrax XR Pro tonneau cover. I installed the Ford bed extender and all is good and fits. All I had to do is use the thinner rubber bumpers on the inner flip (truck bed) and thicker ones on the outer flip (tailgate) side.

Awesome to hear!!

SteveJ2477

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F-150 XL STX
Found these on a few related FB pages I belong to some time ago & wrote them down for my reference

QC Supply -Dura Slat poultry flooring 24 inch x 48 inch $16 a sheet $

Or Vihalla MAPS panels $$$

Putco Molle front bed panel $$

quick fists clamps