Sponsored

Bespoke torque lift front hitch

Vin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
removing the bumper would have had zero impact on ease or speed of install IMO
i took 4hrs because i am not exactly a spring chicken and many of my parts dont like laying on a blanket on cold concrete . basically did it with 1 and 1/2 arms.
ten years ago, i could have put it on in half that time

once i got the bolts fished through the frame , i MAN handled the hitch up to fit against the frame, by laying it on my chest and then pressing it into place, to make sure i was centered so i knew exactly what to cut out of the upper air dam
once it was cut, i used the floor jack to lift and move in place
the directions said i had to remove the upper air dam and cut portions of the lower fascia
i did not need to do that.
a simple math equation and measurements put me exactly what needed to be cut out. the fascia only needed about 1/2 inch of a cut to allow it fold upwards about 3/8 inch
the side brackets are cut to be EXACT within about .032 of inch so its a tight fit and took a bit of adjusting to get the holes to align
i also used some super adhesive to glue 2 1/2 inch thick pieces of hard rubber to the hitch tube , just behind the cut out edges of the air dam so the dam stays in shape and not fold back under wind load.

i thought i could re install the moveable portion of the air dam, but after many measurements and drawings, i decided it can not go back on without severely weakening the lower dam, and or having to install bracing on its back side, which would negate parts of its ability to flex if stuff hit it
so tomorrow i will remove the actuators and cap the connections for elect. not sure if will set light, or not. if it does i guess i will figure out of forscan or a dummy plug will fix the light

i may put my license plate in a position that hides the hitch and hinges up when i need to use the hitch for aesthetics .

Good write up. When my active air dam was removed and the plugs were taped up, I didn't get any error codes or idiot lights.
Sponsored

OP
OP
powerboatr

powerboatr

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 King Ranch 4x4
Occupation
Retired Navy Senior Chief
Finally had a few minutes to cut off the chain hoops
looks so much better
i made a bash plate to connect rear part of hitch frame to the factory skid plate at the engine front frame., but not sure if i need it now

Ford F-150 Bespoke torque lift front hitch front hitch trim

Ford F-150 Bespoke torque lift front hitch 20221127_151616

H4ppyB34r

First Name
Borys
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 4x4 HDPP Max Tow 3.5LEcoBoost
Occupation
General Contractor
Would you mind getting a picture from a little further back? I want to see how it works with the whole front of the truck?

OP
OP
powerboatr

powerboatr

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 King Ranch 4x4
Occupation
yes i have to take one since i cut off the chain ears
this one was from a few days ago
only difference is license plate is lower and the ears
it does sort of hide and not stand out to much

Ford F-150 Bespoke torque lift front hitch front

Last edited:

Sponsored

notabot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Yes
i made a bash plate to connect rear part of hitch frame to the factory skid plate at the engine front frame., but not sure if i need it now

20221127_151616.jpg
Just wondering... If you did install the bash plate would you be blocking off the back side of the air path and lose air flow through the intercooler? In other words, what was there before the hitch install? Was it open or blocked/covered?

OP
OP
powerboatr

powerboatr

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 King Ranch 4x4
Occupation
Just wondering... If you did install the bash plate would you be blocking off the back side of the air path and lose air flow through the intercooler? In other words, what was there before the hitch install? Was it open or blocked/covered?
it was OPEN before with just the drop down air dam that i am sure created a good amount of back pressure to help scavenge air. Then I thought...if shutteres are closed at highway speeds then ford must have thought about air extraction and flow to keep everything the right temps?
i see tremors with bash plates and rci makes them with some air holes.
https://rcimetalworks.com/product/2015-2023-f-150-engine-skid-plate/
mine is only 22" wide , which leaves allot of room on its side between frame and side edges of plate for air to be drawn out. i am using factory holes on engine frame crossmember and adding two holes and threads in the hitch tube.
Sponsored

Last edited: