Belt Squeak

DanielG

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F150 Lariat
Has anyone else had a problem with their belt squeaking. My truck will squeak when i first start it up and after it is warmed up, it will stop. its pretty loud and sounds bad for a truck that only has 245 miles on it as of this thread. The dealer thinks that someone might hag sprayed something on the belt when it went through detail but I will have to leave it overnight so they can do a cold start and figure out where it is coming from. I hope that is all that is wrong.
Sponsored

blackNblue23

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 RCSB
DanielG, I am currently experiencing this issue. My squeaking started at roughly 500 miles on the truck. Sounds like belt/pulley squeak at cold start, no matter what the temperature is outside. The noise continues for about 10-15 minutes then goes away until it sits for about 8 hours(my work shift) then does it again. The dealer replaced the tensioner pulley and belt, still does the same thing. I dropped it back off yesterday, now waiting on a resolution. I have the 5.0 with a Roush 2.65L supercharger that was installed when truck was new at dealer(Town and Country Ford in Bessemer AL). It’s one of their “Sleeper F150s”. The noise is definitely Not coming from the supercharger. Current mileage on truck is 1,650 miles.

Bullett

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 STX, 2016 Accord Touring
Occupation
Accountant
I have this problem. My truck is going to the dealer on Tuesday to have the idler pulley and belt replaced
Sponsored