Sponsored

Belt noise?

RamblinMan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat
Anyone experiencing a high pitched whistle or whine from their 5.0? It kind of sounds like a serpentine belt squeal that gets higher pitched as the RPMs increase. I’ve got about 500 miles on my truck. I can’t hear it inside the truck. I pulled into my friend’s driveway and he heard it and pointed it out to me. Once I put the windows down, shut off the radio and revved the motor I could definitely hear it. I’m curious if others with the 5.0 have a similar sound or if this is something I need to have the dealer look at.
Sponsored

Knickell

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mazda Protege, Ford F-150
My 3.5 EcoBoost has a slight whine too, pretty much all the time. I noticed it upon pre-delivery inspection and was concerned. Then I noticed another 2021 truck on the lot also making the same noise. Not sure what engine it had, though. Mine is most audible when the truck is parked and I’m standing outside by the front left fender/hood area and deliberately listening for it.

If I remember correctly, the whine goes away when I rev the engine then comes back once it settles own to idle.

I’m hoping it’s normal. That noise has been consistent for me since I got it. At all startup and all running temps. No performance issues so far.

I’ll try to add a video of mine if I have a chance.

KartRacer25

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 SuperCab Sport 4x4 5.0 3.73 Space White
Occupation
Senior Software Engineer
wonder if its only with the the second generator?

Ford F-150 Belt noise? 50DualGenerator.JPG

NH_Leadfoot

First Name
Geoff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XLT 302A
Occupation
.GOV
My truck has the same whine you guys are talking about, single alternator on mine.

Sponsored

jvbronco

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XLT
Following. Mine is pretty loud too. 2021 5.0.

Came from a 6.2 silverado engine that made strange noises before lifter failure, broken pushrod, and then torque converter so im weary of a noisy engine.

My 5.0 made noise since new so I assume (hope) it's normal for the 5.0.

mmdpg

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2008 Bullitt Mustang, 2021 F-150 Lariat
Occupation
Retired
I remember watching a YouTube video (can't remember which one) where the salesman doing the video gets out of the truck with the engine running and says "That whine is from the 10 speed transmission, they all do that, it's normal"

Could that be what people are hearing? Do people with other engines have the same whine?

Knickell

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mazda Protege, Ford F-150
Coming back to this thread, is this what everyone is hearing? @Knickell

Better watch those ants! ?

Man, still hard to tell for me. I’d say your noise is slightly more pronounced than my engine whine, but not by much. Is there any issue with performance? If not, I’d wait until I took it in for my first service to certify that it is normal. If so, might want to go have it diagnosed sooner.

Whoskyle

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 XLT
Better watch those ants! ?

Man, still hard to tell for me. I’d say your noise is slightly more pronounced than my engine whine, but not by much. Is there any issue with performance? If not, I’d wait until I took it in for my first service to certify that it is normal. If so, might want to go have it diagnosed sooner.
They just came out after non stop raining since the last 5 hours! Lol

I am taking it on Wednesday for un-related issues but I’ll bring this up and report. It’s weird. It almost sounds like AC compressor going out but it’s not, I turned off AC and still there. Very curious to find out

Sponsored

Tizzzo

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Lead Foot Gray XLT 5.0 Supercrew 4x4
Occupation
Veteran
Same noise on mine, single alternator. Sounds like a pulley or serpentine belt squeak/whine.

Jumper

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150xl
Apparently it's from the design of the transmission fluid pump gears. From what I have read it's totally normal and not an issue.

Mbaz

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 xlt super crew 4x4
Occupation
Self
I have it as well on my 2021 5.0 and it is driving me crazy. Cant ride with windows down at all. Any solutions or is this just what we get with ford?
This is my first ford so not used to this. Prior two Rams with 5.7 hemi were much much quieter and overall sounded better.

CarbonizedRCSB

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 5.0L RCSB Carbonized Gray
It's normal, my 19' does it...I've gotten used to it so it doesn't really bother me. I would've thought they had a redesign or fix by now but like someone else said, it's just the way it was designed.
Sponsored