Belt noise?

nubbles

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 RCSB 5.0
Mine (2021 5.0) has the same noise as the video. I'm a little disappointed to find out it's normal, I was really hoping there was something to fix and that it would be quiet one day.

Anyone with an aftermarket exhaust, I'm hoping the noise will get lost in exhaust noise. I very much dislike that supercharger whine sound.
Sponsored

Bryan Simon

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
65 Ranchero, 66 ElCamino, 05 Ranger, and more
Occupation
Maintenance
Not nearly as bad as the power steering pumps in the mid 60s to early70s GM cars. ( and quite few of the Ford trucks in the same ears that used the same pump)

Graygoose2021

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
Occupation
Sales
My 2021 5.0 has it, must be normal.

Mbaz

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 xlt super crew 4x4
Occupation
Self
Mine (2021 5.0) has the same noise as the video. I'm a little disappointed to find out it's normal, I was really hoping there was something to fix and that it would be quiet one day.

Anyone with an aftermarket exhaust, I'm hoping the noise will get lost in exhaust noise. I very much dislike that supercharger whine sound.
I have magnaflow dual side exit in front of rear tire and unfortunately it has not helped the engine whine at all.

nubbles

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 RCSB 5.0
I have magnaflow dual side exit in front of rear tire and unfortunately it has not helped the engine whine at all.
That's unfortunate, but I will get used to it. I wish my brand new truck didn't sound worn out and nearly busted, but at least it looks better than the other models.

Sponsored

Mbaz

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 xlt super crew 4x4
Occupation
Self
I am with you. The engine whine sound is very disappointing.

nubbles

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 RCSB 5.0
I went through a drive through today and it reminded me of my fox body mustang before I finally ripped the power steering out of it.

Does anyone know what part (location) of the transmission makes the noise? I'd really like to see if there is a way to deaden it a bit.

jeffrt

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat, 5.0L
I just got into work today and had one of my co-workers ask me if my truck was electric after I pulled into the parking lot. Definitely not the sound I was going for with my 5.0. :( The exhaust is so quiet that you can only hear the belt whine.

Graygoose2021

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
Occupation
Sales
I just got into work today and had one of my co-workers ask me if my truck was electric after I pulled into the parking lot. Definitely not the sound I was going for with my 5.0. :( The exhaust is so quiet that you can only hear the belt whine.
agreed, even cold start in garage sounds like the 3.3....so have a Magnaflow catback on order.

Mbaz

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 xlt super crew 4x4
Occupation
Self
It’s really bad - and the aftermarket exhaust did nothing to help the issue. Does anyone know what exactly is the cause of the whinning noise? There has to be a remedy. Super dissapointed in Ford for putting a product out with this.

Sponsored

nubbles

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 RCSB 5.0
I came here to say almost the same thing. I had my wheels swapped tonight and the tech asked me if my truck was "one of the new hybrids".

I said no. A v8+electric regular cab would be a lot of fun though.

Cardoso

First Name
Mauricio
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
Occupation
Sales
I have the same on my truck, brand new. I guess it is “normal”.

F150Farmer

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2013 stx, 2011 Raptor, 2021 xlt
Same noise. 3.5 ecoboost. Not hybrid. We shall see if it goes away in a few months I guess.

dkt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 f 150
I have it as well on my 2021 5.0 and it is driving me crazy. Cant ride with windows down at all. Any solutions or is this just what we get with ford?
This is my first ford so not used to this. Prior two Rams with 5.7 hemi were much much quieter and overall sounded better.
Same noise. 3.5 ecoboost. Not hybrid. We shall see if it goes away in a few months I guess.
Same here 8500 miles 3.5 ecoboost Whining noise in motor .Very disappointed any body know a solution or what's wrong

StarWhite21

First Name
Randall
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F150 Lariat
Occupation
Truck driver
I have a 5.0 with almost 13k miles, same noise. I've just accepted it at this point. I installed a Borla ATAK several months ago and the only time I really hear it now is standing outside near the front of the truck or creeping through a drive-thru.
Sponsored