Sponsored

Belt noise?

TJSparky

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XLT (302A) 5.0L RockyRidge K2
The 10R80 has straight cut gears for the primary pump. The secondary auxiliary pump, near the rear of the transmission, helps with the start/stop.
Straight cut gears whine!
Watch this video at 5:40 in it shows the primary pump removal.
Sponsored

Last edited:

Tyson1969

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 XLT FX4 5.0L
Occupation
Vice President - Hyster/Yale Forklifts
Holy Sh**!!! I have the same exact noise!!!! I just waited over a year for my 2021 F150 5.0L (which became a 2022), and the noise is absolutely horrible. I haven't even turned 100 miles yet. I thought I was just being over critical of this whine/noise until I pulled into work and drove by one of my colleagues who drives a Dodge Ram and he said, "Is that your new truck making that horrible whine?" then followed up with "I told you that you should have bought a ram". How unbelievably embarrassing after spending $60,000 for this truck!!!

I intentionally stayed away from the Hybrid because of noises like this and now I have to live with this whine noise on my 5.0L V8? Totally unacceptable. This is bullsh*t. This is a design flaw and I'm bringing it back to the dealership. Has anyone had any luck with Ford coming back with a fix?

Tyson1969

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 XLT FX4 5.0L
Occupation
Attached is a sound clip of the noise.

Tyson1969

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 XLT FX4 5.0L
Occupation
It’s really bad - and the aftermarket exhaust did nothing to help the issue. Does anyone know what exactly is the cause of the whinning noise? There has to be a remedy. Super dissapointed in Ford for putting a product out with this.
I have same exact noise on my brand spankn' new 2022 F150 XLT FX5 with the 5.0L V8 (less than 100 miles on it). This should have never went to production with this noise. Unacceptable. Let me know if there is ever a fix, because to me, this is a design flaw that Ford knowingly let through so they could keep production running. It's total bullsh*t!

Tyson1969

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 XLT FX4 5.0L
Occupation
Anyone experiencing a high pitched whistle or whine from their 5.0? It kind of sounds like a serpentine belt squeal that gets higher pitched as the RPMs increase. I’ve got about 500 miles on my truck. I can’t hear it inside the truck. I pulled into my friend’s driveway and he heard it and pointed it out to me. Once I put the windows down, shut off the radio and revved the motor I could definitely hear it. I’m curious if others with the 5.0 have a similar sound or if this is something I need to have the dealer look at.
I have same exact noise on my brand spankn' new 2022 F150 XLT FX5 with the 5.0L V8 (less than 100 miles on it). This should have never went to production with this noise. Unacceptable. Let me know if there is ever a fix, because to me, this is a design flaw that Ford knowingly let through so they could keep production running. It's total bullsh*t!

Sponsored

Tyson1969

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 XLT FX4 5.0L
Occupation
Following. Mine is pretty loud too. 2021 5.0.

Came from a 6.2 silverado engine that made strange noises before lifter failure, broken pushrod, and then torque converter so im weary of a noisy engine.

My 5.0 made noise since new so I assume (hope) it's normal for the 5.0.

Tyson1969

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 XLT FX4 5.0L
Occupation
I just got into work today and had one of my co-workers ask me if my truck was electric after I pulled into the parking lot. Definitely not the sound I was going for with my 5.0. :( The exhaust is so quiet that you can only hear the belt whine.

Merccat

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Space White Lariat SCAB 5.0 4x2
I don’t know, it doesn’t bother me at all, maybe I’m just too busy enjoying the performance of the the thing (along with everything else about it).

For the most part I don’t sit on the outside of my truck (maybe for a few seconds getting in if I used the remote start) and I don’t care what it sounds like to others. With the windows down I can hear it but the between the exhaust and wind it’s quickly drowned out.

It reminds me of the sound my dads power steering system always made on his eco line van (even back when new). Perhaps it’s actually become kind of a relaxing sound for me.

jeffrt

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat, 5.0L
I brought the truck in a couple weeks ago about the noise, and as expected, they told me it was normal and couldn’t do anything about it since Ford has a bulletin out saying it’s normal. I’ve got a call in to Ford customer care to see if they’ll authorize any type of fix. I’ll update here if I make any progress. Not too hopeful though.

Ford Motor Company

Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150
Holy Sh**!!! I have the same exact noise!!!! I just waited over a year for my 2021 F150 5.0L (which became a 2022), and the noise is absolutely horrible. I haven't even turned 100 miles yet. I thought I was just being over critical of this whine/noise until I pulled into work and drove by one of my colleagues who drives a Dodge Ram and he said, "Is that your new truck making that horrible whine?" then followed up with "I told you that you should have bought a ram". How unbelievably embarrassing after spending $60,000 for this truck!!!

I intentionally stayed away from the Hybrid because of noises like this and now I have to live with this whine noise on my 5.0L V8? Totally unacceptable. This is bullsh*t. This is a design flaw and I'm bringing it back to the dealership. Has anyone had any luck with Ford coming back with a fix?
Good morning! Could you please send over your VIN and Ford dealer info via private message? I would like to look into your noise concern on my end.

Sponsored

Mbaz

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 xlt super crew 4x4
Occupation
Self
Good morning! Could you please send over your VIN and Ford dealer info via private message? I would like to look into your noise concern on my end.
Please keep this board posted as to any solutions to this issue. It really is unacceptable and highly disappointing.

GEN14OWNER

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 RCSB 5.0 F150 XLT
Occupation
Retired
Mine makes the same sound.

It reminds of the sound a 737 makes when it taxis down the runway.

12k miles later, it seems to be a "feature"...

gregpadden

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 2022 Platinum Hybrid
Occupation
IT Manager
Have the exact same noise happening on my 2022 Platinum Powerboost - pretty disappointing after spending 80K on a truck. Drives me batty
Sponsored