Sponsored

bhunter0830

First Name
Benjamin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat, 2009 Pontiac G8, 1974 Z28
Had the same thoughts. I wanted access to lights, power, tie downs etc. So I ordered just the mat with no sides. Had I known there were cut outs, I would have ordered the full bed rug.

blueovalguy

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Lariat Powerboost
Had the same thoughts. I wanted access to lights, power, tie downs etc. So I ordered just the mat with no sides. Had I known there were cut outs, I would have ordered the full bed rug.
When I emailed bedrug directly a couple months back, they said their were no cutouts. I love the product but really wish they could help with some photos or something!

Sponsored

blueovalguy

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Lariat Powerboost
I just emailed them again asking for photos of an actual install or else I’m getting line-x. Will let you know

blueovalguy

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Lariat Powerboost
Update - emailed bedrug. Got a very dull email back that was not accommodating what so ever. Not even a “hey you can do this”. And they didn’t even answer me on if they have ever installed one actually... disappointing.
“Our part does not accommodate for the work surface on the tailgate.
Thank You”

cghall77

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
Has anyone installed the rug on the work surface tailgate or is it not even possible? Don't plan on using the work functionality of the tailgate and was hoping to just velcro on.

GABAR

First Name
P
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 F150
Has anyone installed the rug on the work surface tailgate or is it not even possible? Don't plan on using the work functionality of the tailgate and was hoping to just velcro on.
I’m sure it could be installed over the Tailgate Work Surface just like it’s installed on the regular tailgate.

It’s attached by Velcro Tape but the surface where the tape attaches should be prepped in the same way when one already has a spray in bed liner.

Cubfan1

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GMC YukonXL, Ford 2021 f 150 Ltd.
Occupation
Healthcare
Aren’t you concerned about air getting under it and flying out of the bed when rolling down the interstate?

It’s not heavy like lets say the Ford OEM rubber mat.

Just something to consider if you don’t have a tonneau cover.
I have a 2021 Limited and thought the Bedrug would be a nice addition.
Three weeks post installation the thing had lift off while going 60 mph
down the freeway ! I had this professionally installed and the dealer claimed to be unaware that there was a prior spray in Bedliner .
No apology , said they needed a different install kit . perhaps it does require a tonneau or cover ?

Sponsored

Cubfan1

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Healthcare
I have a 2021 Limited and thought the Bedrug would be a nice addition.
Three weeks post installation the thing had lift off while going 60 mph
down the freeway ! I had this professionally installed and the dealer claimed to be unaware that there was a prior spray in Bedliner .
No apology , said they needed a different install kit . perhaps it does require a tonneau or cover ?
Here it is one day after the correct install kit installed by the dealer ..hot off the press!

Ford F-150 BEDRUG Releases 2021 Ford F-150 Liners and Mats 29701C4E-53B3-4D2A-B6C8-C50DA7D4DF9D

RS52F150

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi RS5
Update - emailed bedrug. Got a very dull email back that was not accommodating what so ever. Not even a “hey you can do this”. And they didn’t even answer me on if they have ever installed one actually... disappointing.
“Our part does not accommodate for the work surface on the tailgate.
Thank You”
Lol chill

Cubfan1

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Healthcare
Extremely easy to clean we matched it with a trifold for our display model, why wouldn't you?
Because .. you need a reputable dealer for the install.

Ford F-150 BEDRUG Releases 2021 Ford F-150 Liners and Mats 3855B5BE-DA8D-4E24-BB85-096D6EABFDFA

Ford F-150 BEDRUG Releases 2021 Ford F-150 Liners and Mats 0B8D3CE5-F19F-458B-8295-750A891100E9

jofo

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Lariat Powerboost 502A Smoked Quartz
Occupation
Engineer
I am currently having one installed on my Lariat 502 PB. I bought it when I bought the truck, with the intention of having the dealer install it. I installed one on my 2020 Lariat and it was a pain to get everything lined up correctly. However, it did come out beautiful. In any case I went to pick up my truck and they did not cut out the power panel, nor did they put the box link tie downs on. They just went over everything. They said that there were no markings for the panel cut-outs, so they did not want to butcher it. While I get that, you don't just go over everything and hope for the best.
I brought it back and insisted that they complete the job regardless of the lack of a template. I told them to make their own, and install it as if it was their truck. We'll see what I get later today.

It does look classy as hell, and these things do take a beating. Hopefully, now that Ford has partnered with Bedrug, they start offering with the power panel cutouts. As for the box link, it is as simple as taking off the base, and using an awl to locate the screw holes. Then just screw the base right over it. For those of you that do not want to put sticky tape on your bed, this would help secure it in place.
As for the cut out holes for the lights and power panel, I have access to a 3-D printer at work. I think I will design and print some sort of border/frame to hide and dress up the cut edges.