Vehicles
F150
Occupation
IT
Suggestion needed !

Ford brand drop in liner - $350
Can we self install this ?
or
Rhino spray in - $ 475 . I have been told that this is skid resistant and lifetime warranty
Or
Dual Liner - $450

I do not plan to load or move anything heavy and will rarely use the truck bed .
Any idea if Ford drop in skid resistant ?
Sponsored

12Lariat21

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Lariat 502A
Occupation
Engineering Manager
I think the spray in will not only provide any and all protection you may need for the limited use, but will also have the most ROI (return on investment) when it comes to trade in or sale of the truck in the future.

My personal opinion is those drop in liners are absolute garbage, and I can't believe they still exists. The ones I've seen are always really slippery, and have enough movement to them, that they ruin the paint under them anyway, not to mention the the sand/grit and water they trap between themselves and the painted bed...granted an aluminum bed won't rust, but it'll still ruin the paint.

DanielG

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F150 Lariat
Don’t do the plastic drop in. I would do the spray in or the Bed Rug. The Bed Rug is nice and covers the entire bed. Very durable, easy to clean and will dry very fast. Works very well if you plan on any type of bed cover too. Had the bed rug on my last two trucks and this one has a spray in and the bed rug mat.

PatchManager

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Platinum 4x4 SuperCrew
Occupation
Firmware Engineer
I had a 2002 Dodge Dakota and had a Line-X spray liner installed shortly after I got it. I hauled all kinds of stuff in it including broken cement, large rocks for landscaping, a lot of gravel, pallets of material, etc. I also used the tail gate to work on my chainsaw. After about 10 years, a small portion (1" x 2") of it peeled away on the side (the only issue I had with it), so I took it back to the place that installed it. They did a great job on the initial install with very clean lines and even coating. They touched up that small area plus the entire side for free. I don't have experience with the other spray bed liners, but I highly recommend Line-X.

Cb Mw

First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Bike
Not using the bed at all? Or do you mean not using the bed often to do "truck things."

Regardless of the use, I'm going team bed rug like previously mentioned.

Sponsored

oncechance

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 XLT, 302A, FX4, 3.5 EB, 6.5', Max Tow
I had a drop in on my 2001 F150, no issues. I had LineX in my 2014, which paired with a rubber mat, is great. I decided to go drop in, with rubber mat, with my new 2022. I am also running a Gator trifold tonneau cover. Not worried about water getting under drop in.

GIjoe

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2013 f250
I’ve always preferred drop in liners in a work truck. If it were just for personal use then I’d prob spend the extra bucks for a spray in just cuz it looks nicer and it won’t rattle when you hit bumps in the road.

Calson

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150
All that is needed is a thick bed mat in the truck. This will keep whatever is put inside from sliding around which will happen with a drop-in liner or bed spray. The idea of needing a liner or bed spray is very recent. For a century people got by just fine without them.

Unless you are hauling around bags of salt in the bed any liner or extra coating is not needed but it is a high profit item for the dealer, much like undercoating spray and clear coat for the paint. An extra $1000 in profit per truck sold is a very big deal for the dealers.

With my bed mats I trip off the corner tabs so the entire mat slide out when I want to use a hose or a shop vac to clean out the bed.

The bed mats keep my milk crates with plants from the nursery from sliding around and works well with dogs as well. A line or bed spray is no good at all if you have dogs in the bed of the truck.

rachunter

First Name
Rodney
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 XLT, 4x4,5.0
I just sold my 2016 F-150 and removed the DualLiner that I put in it when I bought the truck new. The bed still looked brand new and I will be putting the DualLiner in my 2022 F-150 if it ever arrives. I like the rubber mat on the bottom and still has good side protection.
For me, it is the best of both worlds and works well for my use.

hussar1683

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 PB (on order)
All that is needed is a thick bed mat in the truck. This will keep whatever is put inside from sliding around which will happen with a drop-in liner or bed spray. The idea of needing a liner or bed spray is very recent. For a century people got by just fine without them.

Unless you are hauling around bags of salt in the bed any liner or extra coating is not needed but it is a high profit item for the dealer, much like undercoating spray and clear coat for the paint. An extra $1000 in profit per truck sold is a very big deal for the dealers.

With my bed mats I trip off the corner tabs so the entire mat slide out when I want to use a hose or a shop vac to clean out the bed.

The bed mats keep my milk crates with plants from the nursery from sliding around and works well with dogs as well. A line or bed spray is no good at all if you have dogs in the bed of the truck.
This⬆
I saw a similar post here (might’ve been yours) which swayed me to go with bedrug mat.
Sponsored