OP

The_Auto_Tech

First Name
Cody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 XL 4x2 3.3
Got the setup all done. Line-X'd bed and tailgate, Ford OEM bed mat, Undercover driver and passenger side Swing Cases, Menards storage totes, Harbor Freight ratcheting cargo bar, and Truxedo Deuce 2 cover. Can easily pull the cargo bar and totes, roll up the cover, and have full bed access. Also can remove the Swing Cases from their brackets if more space is needed. Also, the front cover folds backwards and I can get into the storage totes just by reaching over the bed. Turned out very nice. Will probably add some sort of bed lighting kit down the road.

Ford F-150 Bed storage with tonneau cover on RCSB? PXL_20240122_202751933

Ford F-150 Bed storage with tonneau cover on RCSB? PXL_20240122_202802055

Ford F-150 Bed storage with tonneau cover on RCSB? PXL_20240122_204550858

DeancNYC

First Name
Dean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F 150 Lariat
Occupation
Chief Engineer
What are you guys doing for storage for your misc. stuff like emergency equipment?

In my 2013 Raptor I have the Undercover swing cases on each side of the bed as the area under the rear seat has my rifle as well as a single subwoofer, and I wanted to try and retain as much interior space as possible. Since my 22 is a RCSB I was thinking of going again with the swing cases since they will fit under my tonneau cover. Also, they are out of the way otherwise and can easily be removed if you need the full bed.

Thanks!
I have a retractable cover and a lastbox on my 23 lariat. Keeps everything you want in the front of the bed, great for my golf clubs
Ford F-150 Bed storage with tonneau cover on RCSB? 1706016898235

Probity

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 F150 Scab XLT 2.7EB 2wd
Occupation
Retired
Got the setup all done. Line-X'd bed and tailgate, Ford OEM bed mat, Undercover driver and passenger side Swing Cases, Menards storage totes, Harbor Freight ratcheting cargo bar, and Truxedo Deuce 2 cover. Can easily pull the cargo bar and totes, roll up the cover, and have full bed access. Also can remove the Swing Cases from their brackets if more space is needed. Also, the front cover folds backwards and I can get into the storage totes just by reaching over the bed. Turned out very nice. Will probably add some sort of bed lighting kit down the road.

PXL_20240122_202751933.jpg

PXL_20240122_202802055.jpg

PXL_20240122_204550858.jpg
Aha! It appears good minds think alike - Is that an ex-Ryobi RCSB? I've recently been considering picking up a low miles used '22 RCSB, and from online searches have seen a slew of ex-Ryobi '22 F150's for sale that apparently Ryobi (Home Depot?) decided to swap out. That Gatorade Green gave it away to me. How's the 2wd working out for you in snow country?

Sponsored

OP
OP

The_Auto_Tech

First Name
Cody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 XL 4x2 3.3
Aha! It appears good minds think alike - Is that an ex-Ryobi RCSB? I've recently been considering picking up a low miles used '22 RCSB, and from online searches have seen a slew of ex-Ryobi '22 F150's for sale that apparently Ryobi (Home Depot?) decided to swap out. That Gatorade Green gave it away to me. How's the 2wd working out for you in snow country?
Yep, it was previously a Ryobi fleet truck. I never seen those trucks for rent at Home Depot, and the one I purchased was setup as a representative driven vehicle. No issues with the 2WD here, although I did put snow tires on the 17" wheels, but that was because the truck originally had 22" wheels with summer tires, so obviously it wasn't going to move in the snow. I don't think the drivetrain is ever the limiting factor in a vehicle, it more comes down to proper tires for the situation.

jasonkosi

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford Bronco, 2024 RCSB on order
Hard to tell from the photos, but are those swing cases even with the inner edge of the fender well?
I’m contemplating what I want to do for extra storage in the bed when my RCSB comes in. I do like the idea with the totes and cargo bar.

OP
OP

The_Auto_Tech

First Name
Cody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 XL 4x2 3.3
Hard to tell from the photos, but are those swing cases even with the inner edge of the fender well?
I’m contemplating what I want to do for extra storage in the bed when my RCSB comes in. I do like the idea with the totes and cargo bar.
Yes, they don't protrude past them, it's just the angle of the photo.

Probity

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 F150 Scab XLT 2.7EB 2wd
Occupation
Retired
Yep, it was previously a Ryobi fleet truck. I never seen those trucks for rent at Home Depot, and the one I purchased was setup as a representative driven vehicle. No issues with the 2WD here, although I did put snow tires on the 17" wheels, but that was because the truck originally had 22" wheels with summer tires, so obviously it wasn't going to move in the snow. I don't think the drivetrain is ever the limiting factor in a vehicle, it more comes down to proper tires for the situation.
Yep for basic XL 2wd trucks they were reasonably well equipped - all the window stickers I saw on the ones I looked at regards options had 101a (cruise and reverse sensing), carpet, chrome bumpers, hitch receiver, rear window defrost/dark tint, fog lamps, DRL. And that $1000+ option Ryobi Green special paint! A lot of them also had spray-in bedliners (non-factory order) and a lot also had what looked like after-market tonneau covers. So with low miles a lot of bang for the buck on a basic RCSB - as long as you can live with the color (my wife told me if I bought one she'd have to wear a paper bag on her head).

Agree with the tires - 2wd and light bedload and all-seasons don't work in snow country, A/T tires not a lot better in snow, winter tires and some weight in the bed is workable.

OP
OP

The_Auto_Tech

First Name
Cody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 XL 4x2 3.3
Yep for basic XL 2wd trucks they were reasonably well equipped - all the window stickers I saw on the ones I looked at regards options had 101a (cruise and reverse sensing), carpet, chrome bumpers, hitch receiver, rear window defrost/dark tint, fog lamps, DRL. And that $1000+ option Ryobi Green special paint! A lot of them also had spray-in bedliners (non-factory order) and a lot also had what looked like after-market tonneau covers. So with low miles a lot of bang for the buck on a basic RCSB - as long as you can live with the color (my wife told me if I bought one she'd have to wear a paper bag on her head).

Agree with the tires - 2wd and light bedload and all-seasons don't work in snow country, A/T tires not a lot better in snow, winter tires and some weight in the bed is workable.
Yep, mine had all of those options including the spray in bedliner as well as the BAK Revolver bed cover which is extremely nice. The biggest reason I bought it was the color! lol
Sponsored