Bed organizer / clip onto hook system

2AActuary

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Plat, Bronco; Audi R8, S5, Q7; Cayenne
Is anyone aware of a weatherproof(ish) bag/box that clips into one of the side wall cleats? I want something just to organize my hitch receiver; tie-down straps, couple of tools; etc. (without having to store those in my backseat- under-the-seat cargo.)

I saw a saddlebag solution in one place, but seeing what others are doing to keep this kind of stuff organized and out of the elements. Note that I will have a tonneau cover as well, so I don’t want a full toolbox that you have to get to from the top.
Sponsored

jordandev

First Name
Jordan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XLT 302A (on order...)
Also interested

OP
OP

2AActuary

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Are you thinking something like a swingout tool box as you see here? This one is from UnderCover: https://undercoverinfo.com/undercover-swingcase/2021/ford/f-150
Screenshot 2021-03-04 105906.jpg

Or are you looking for something a bit more rugged like this below?

bedside rack.jpg
Looking for something about half the size of the swing case. I keep a telescoping cross bar in my truck so that items nearest the tailgate don’t slide around. I ATV/UTV/Dirtbike quite a bit so I’m usually shuttling gas cans around that say put with that bar. While the swing case is nice, my concern is that that is too deep into the wheel well.

Either way - thank you for your reply as it got me thinking.

Sponsored

Hartz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XLT
Looking for something about half the size of the swing case. I keep a telescoping cross bar in my truck so that items nearest the tailgate don’t slide around. I ATV/UTV/Dirtbike quite a bit so I’m usually shuttling gas cans around that say put with that bar. While the swing case is nice, my concern is that that is too deep into the wheel well.

would you mind sending the link for that telescoping bar? I think i wanna get that.

Pedaldude

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2001 Lincoln Navigator, 2021 Ford F-150
Ford F-150 Bed organizer / clip onto hook system 0521BC02-337D-4280-9D65-3E9E997F8180

I’ve been using a an old milk crate since 1996 and it works for me.

If you want something weather proof, a bucket with a top works too.

Something like a trailer hitch ball mount, I would try to keep that inside the cab, maybe with the jack hardware.

CnB150Lariat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat, PB, Fx4, SuperCrew w/5.5 Bed

I also have the telescoping cross bar to stop things from sliding around but I just picked up a cargo net to better manage small things, grocery bags etc. I’m thinking of getting a small utility box to keep straps, bungees and whatever else in the bed rather than under the back seat also. The utility box I’m thinking about would fit nicely in the net so it won’t slide around the bed.

I had a lot of Ford pass points so I got this cargo net using them. I’m sure you can find them cheaper but the Ford pass points is no money out of pocket so I took it.

https://accessories.ford.com/net-asy-load-fixing-10998.html#2018/F-150

now I just need to find the right sized utility box. Going to check Home Depot this weekend.

OP
OP

2AActuary

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles

Sponsored

jeffcrum

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 XLT 302A Powerboost 7.2kw Inverter
Occupation
Computer programmer
There is a Ford made separator that goes into the Box link. But, it is about $300.

Rich1982

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XLT/302A
Occupation
Semi retired
I also have the telescoping cross bar to stop things from sliding around but I just picked up a cargo net to better manage small things, grocery bags etc. I’m thinking of getting a small utility box to keep straps, bungees and whatever else in the bed rather than under the back seat also. The utility box I’m thinking about would fit nicely in the net so it won’t slide around the bed.

I had a lot of Ford pass points so I got this cargo net using them. I’m sure you can find them cheaper but the Ford pass points is no money out of pocket so I took it.

https://accessories.ford.com/net-asy-load-fixing-10998.html#2018/F-150

now I just need to find the right sized utility box. Going to check Home Depot this weekend.
Harbor Freight also has one and Uline has a few that look to be a bit more robust

Hartz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XLT