First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ordered 2021 F-150 Platinum, traded 2018 Platinum
Occupation
Manager
In anticipation of my truck being built this week, it appears there can be quite significant delays on accessories so I'm looking to get moving on ordering some stuff. One of the options I didn't choose was any liner for my truck. I did this to ensure I had my payload goal, but also I just didn't know which route to go. Looking for some insights into the options for truck bed liners, pros and cons:

1. Line X/Rhino Liner type stuff: I personally don't like this because they scratch everything. The main thing I store in my bed will be my golf clubs and moving them in and out they will just get beat up, let alone anything else that goes in the bed. But I'm curious, should this still be considered an option if doing the other liner styles for long term protection?
  2. Rubberized bed mat: What I'm concerned about here is that they don't protect the side walls if you've moving stuff in and out, using a shovel, etc. For people that use these, do you also have the spray in liner?
  3. Plastic drop in: My last truck was a tacoma that had this option, and I generally liked it, things slide in and out easy, it's easy to clean, etc But it seems like many people don't recommend this, I'm curious why?
  4. Carpet system: These look pretty good, they protect the whole bed, but I've never seen/used them. For those that have them, when you need to haul dirt/rock that kind of stuff, does it perform fine with a shovel/broom beating into them? Again, is the bed underneath protected long term with this option or do people do the spray in liner as well?

So I guess I'm looking for what people like and why they chose that route. What is best for long term truck protection, what is best for protecting cargo, etc. Once I narrow down to what route I want to go, I'll have to research the best option in that group.

This is my truck.

I have had bedrugs in my last 4 trucks and I have no complaints, and I have put just about anything you can think of in the bed. Bricks, rocks dirt, mulch, kids, luggage, you name it. When I’m done I either sweep it or pressure wash it, let it dry and it is good as new. You won’t be disappointed.
Sponsored