• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Bed Liner for Lightning Pro

Ffxdude

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Lightning
That's what I do. On the recent Powerboost acquisition I took it down for a spray-in. They did a great job removing all the components in the bed and the tailgate. Then I throw the Weathertech bed mat in on top because it is less slippery and absorbs the shock/bounce of items bouncing or rolling into the vertical surfaces. Weathertech bed mat covers the first few inches of the walls.

Pics below are after a couple of days of chopping up fallen trees from a recent storm. First the Powerboost kept the lights on during the power outage. And then relocated cut limbs to the burn pile. Bed needs a washing, but the sprayin hasn't marred even the tiniest. Cleans up like brand new.

20211009_120205.jpg

20211009_120231.jpg

20211009_120111.jpg
Looks great! Which spray in did you get?
Sponsored

Snakebitten

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Powerboost Platinum
Looks great! Which spray in did you get?
It was done by a local company that multiple dealerships in my area uses. So I don't know whose product (brand) they spray. But I've seen their work on trucks now for many years.

Xtreme Bed Liners of Pearland

https://www.goproxtreme.com/

OP
OP
Maxx

Maxx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 Pro, Sky RL, Frontier, Aurora V8, Buicks, ....
Can you share what you have right now? You mean the whole liner slides out of the bed?

I have a 2002 with Line-X bed liner and it has held pretty well over the past 20 years.
2003 Frontier. It looks like this. I have no experience with anything else so I wouldn't know any better if an alternative is better. The input from everyone here is priceless for me. What I meant was I back up the truck to the dump and push all the yard trash in one shot and everything slides right out (not the liner). I don't use it for work just light duty home maintenance
which is probably why it has held up well.

Ford F-150 Lightning Bed Liner for Lightning Pro 1633835654199

RLXXI

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2013 F 150, 2014 Escape, 2011 Suzuki DR 650SE
Occupation
Auto tech
My choice for the bed will be the same as what I currently have. The Bedtred Pro from the makers of Bedrug. It looks like it's sprayed in, has a rubber like surface so nothing slides around and won't mar the bed finish as it's held in place with velcro strips. It's impervious so it's easy to rinse out and is easy on the knees if you need to crawl in for what ever reason.

Have had mine for almost 8 years now and no complaints at all.

Ford F-150 Lightning Bed Liner for Lightning Pro bedtred1

Sponsored

3putter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2012 Pilot
My choice for the bed will be the same as what I currently have. The Bedtred Pro from the makers of Bedrug. It looks like it's sprayed in, has a rubber like surface so nothing slides around and won't mar the bed finish as it's held in place with velcro strips. It's impervious so it's easy to rinse out and is easy on the knees if you need to crawl in for what ever reason.

Have had mine for almost 8 years now and no complaints at all.
That bedtred looks really good. Thanks for the tip. Would it really not get too dirty if I load a bunch of mulch right on top of it?

RLXXI

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2013 F 150, 2014 Escape, 2011 Suzuki DR 650SE
Occupation
Auto tech
That bedtred looks really good. Thanks for the tip. Would it really not get too dirty if I load a bunch of mulch right on top of it?
Oh it'll get dirty like any other surface but it'll rinse right out with a garden hose. Last big load I had was ready mix concrete and sand.

One of the concrete sacks had a leak and spilled out in the bed. Once I unloaded, I just turned the hose on it and washed it all out.

Silenze

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Are the drop in bedliners different on the hybrid f150? I dont have any cutouts for electric on mine. I have a gas 150.

GarageMahal

First Name
JT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2003 Mercury Marauder; 2023 Lightning XLT SR
Occupation
Geek
Are the drop in bedliners different on the hybrid f150? I dont have any cutouts for electric on mine. I have a gas 150.
They should be same for 2021 and later with in bed power.

Sponsored

Pedaldude

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2001 Lincoln Navigator, 2021 Ford F-150
Don't forget the extra weight will hurt range! :p

I work with sheet metal and plate a lot, so I am not a fan of the rubberized liners, since they grab at edges. The slide in plastic ones are even worse and also the ribs that make them rigid bite into sheetrock and chews up the corners unless I load a piece of plywood first.

A super cheap option is a horse stall mat from Tractor Supply, they weigh around 100lbs and really help make the truck more quiet over bumps. The dimensions are 4'X6' and they are 3/4" thick.

Ford F-150 Lightning Bed Liner for Lightning Pro E11DC436-42E0-4C5A-8C56-055C1A231DA7

Solar_EE

First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning XLT Ioniq 6 AWD
Occupation
electrical engineer
I am a bit different in that I prefer a bed mat to a bed liner. I like how grippy the rubber is and it is substantially cheaper.

My plan is to take the bed mat and tonneau cover off of my 2016 and use them on the Lightning.
I cut 11" from my 2016 bed mat and it is now in my 2022 Lightning and it fits nicely. Actually this mat was from my 2010 F150- nice heavy rubber mat and the bed underneath looked brand new when I removed it from my 2016.

RickKeen

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150L SR Pro
Occupation
sw engineering manager,
I personally prefer the drop-in hard plastic liner with the ribs running front to back as OP shows in their previous truck.
Yes, its more slippery. That is a good thing if you ever have to unload your truck with a shovel. Anything soft or rubbery, or with ribs going across the bed is going to make unloading the truck with a shovel much more of a chore as the shovel edge snags on the liner.
Also, the drop-in liner that goes all the way up the sides and front is great for stuff like dirt, yard waste, etc. You can get it all out without any of it lodging under the edge of a bed mat.

When hauling individual objects like furniture, 24 packs of beer, or a bucket of baseballs, the tradeoff is that you will need to strap them in place to keep them from sliding around.

Last edited:

RickKeen

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150L SR Pro
Occupation
sw engineering manager,
Probably not as common use case with the F150 Lightning with its 2000 lb payload (or as low as 1600lb with optioned-up versions) and shorter bed, but in my Chevy 2500 with 6.8' bed and 3000 lb payload, I also occasionally haul loads on pallets or in crates. The drop-in plastic bed liner lets the load easily get pushed by the forklift and slide to the front of the truck when loading. Similar ease to slide to the back if unloading by forklift.

CRAIGC540

First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lariot F150 Lariat lightning
Occupation
Technician
I am a bit different in that I prefer a bed mat to a bed liner. I like how grippy the rubber is and it is substantially cheaper.

My plan is to take the bed mat and tonneau cover off of my 2016 and use them on the Lightning.
This is my plan also.
The mat holds things in place, Maybe when the sides of the bed get scratched up i will get a spray in.
Sponsored