Bed cover with full size atv

JerryLZ

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 502A PB
The time is finally coming where I will end up with a truck finally. I will have the 6.5 bed and the one main thing I will have to haul in the winter time is my Polaris 570 ATV with the polaris plow.

I have been thinking about this for awhile and although I fell in love with the undercover armor flex, I don't think it will work for me anymore. By folding it all the way up you lose the bed camera function and that's not something I really want to part with despite how amazing I think that cover is. Retractables wont work either because of the storage area under the cover, I will need that space for the plow. That leaves me with hard cover roll ups. The only one I really know of is the X4s and wondering if theres any others I should maybe look into?

I'm not impressed with how easily the x4s can be broken into, that's kind of why I wanted a tri fold but they all block the bed camera to my knowledge. If I'm losing the rear window then I at least want the bed camera. I don't keep anything expensive in the bed and the likely hood is small so its not a huge deal breaker on the X4S.

I know what everyone is thinking - an ATV with the plow wont fit. And you would be correct. The plan is to unattach the plow arm, Lay it up against the bulk head, and drive the ATV over said contraption up to the plow face. Then secure the ramp and ATV with the LA guard dog. Unrelated to the bed cover, figured I'd put this up front for reference.
Sponsored

Hog_Johnson

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F150 Platinum
I have the Leer HF650M on my 6.5 bed. It's a quad fold and I think it's below the camera when folded up, but I'll have to double check tomorrow.

Kodiak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lariat PB 7.2k, 4x4 502a Atlas Blue BAP
You could also look into a Diamondback or Renegade cover and park the ATV on top.

Zengineer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat 157wb
You could also look into a Diamondback or Renegade cover and park the ATV on top.
At some point, a small trailer starts to make sense.

Kanuck

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 XLT Scab 3.5 EB 6.5 Carbonized Grey Metallic
Occupation
Retired Electrician
I agree with Zengineer about a small trailer. Would not have to take the blade off the quad or loading and unloading it at home. Hook up and go.

Sponsored

OnceAnEagle

First Name
Walter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F 150 Lariat Supercab Rapid Red
Occupation
Retired
Leer 650 M. Quad fold, unlatch the panels quickly without taking off the rails to load your Polaris, store in back seat, no drain tubes to drill, get caught, or pinched. Panels reattach fast. Or maybe get a small trailer to haul it.

OP
OP
JerryLZ

JerryLZ

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 502A PB
I have the Leer HF650M on my 6.5 bed. It's a quad fold and I think it's below the camera when folded up, but I'll have to double check tomorrow.
I would appreciate that, thanks.

As far as a trailer goes, it would be a easy fix but unrealistic. I don't have a place to put the trailer really and it would be a bigger pain in the ass trying to get it to my backyard vs man handling the plow. I would rather just make the truck work, preferably with a cover I could leave on.

Chili

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150
Has anyone ever actually had their tonneau cover cut or broken into? I just don't think it's an issue. And remember, locks keep your friends out.

Perhaps if you park on the street overnight it may be a concern, but I certainly don't think it is if you have a garage or even park in a driveway most places.

Mtnman1

First Name
Tod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 RCSB FX4
Occupation
Engineer
Has anyone ever actually had their tonneau cover cut or broken into? I just don't think it's an issue. And remember, locks keep your friends out.

Perhaps if you park on the street overnight it may be a concern, but I certainly don't think it is if you have a garage or even park in a driveway most places.
This. If a scumbag wants whats in your truck, a cover aint stopping them. Your truck doors dont stop them, why do you think a cover will?

I use soft rollups. Cheap. Light. 100% out of way when rolled. Keeps stuff dry.

Chili

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150
This. If a scumbag wants whats in your truck, a cover aint stopping them. Your truck doors dont stop them, why do you think a cover will?

I use soft rollups. Cheap. Light. 100% out of way when rolled. Keeps stuff dry.
I've done the hard folding and my biggest draw to a hard cover is that I don't have to pull it taught or see it flapping if I don't. I don't see that as worth the upcharge, but I did find a brand new undercover ultra for $400 brand new for a previous truck so I jumped on it. I'm looking at getting a pro x15 If I can't snag a like new "used" one.

A cover stops them from easily being able to see what's in there, which I feel is the most important. That and less rain and stuff won't blow out on the freeway.

Sponsored

OP
OP
JerryLZ

JerryLZ

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 502A PB

not concerned parked at home in the driveway but just one more thing to protect and consider while i'm doing my homework. The bed cover isn't really to protect whats in the bed since I don't leave stuff in there aside from a basic ratchet set but to protect the $3500 tail lights. If you have easy bed access, all you have to do is unscrew the panel on the tail gate to unlock it manually and then you can undo the 2 screws for each tail light and be on your way.
I think any bed cover besides the cloth ones would be a decent deterrent though. I just have very little faith in people as you can probably tell.

SuperRaptor

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Lariat 502A
I'd vote for the Diamondback for putting an ATV on, especially if you don't want to do a trailer.

OP
OP
JerryLZ

JerryLZ

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 502A PB
I'd vote for the Diamondback for putting an ATV on, especially if you don't want to do a trailer.
I just learned about the paragon bed cover and I think that fits the niche I am looking for.
Sponsored