Sponsored

Bed Camera no longer operative

clipperqb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F150, 3.5 EB, Super Crew, 4X4
A few months ago I would check my bed camera and sometimes it worked and sometimes looks like interference from solar flares. I don't use it that much so not a huge deal. I've checked it the last few days and all I get is a blue screen. Wondering if there is any troubleshooting I can do before calling the dealer? 2021 XLT

Thanks
Sponsored

C-17 Pilot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150; 2017 Expedition EL; 2005 F-150
An easy thing to check would be the green and/or brown connections on your IPMA. Unplug and re-plug them to ensure they're fully seated. The IPMA connections will be visible on the left side of the truck under the dash (near the driver's left knee).

I recently did some work on my IPMA and experienced symptoms similar to those you described. Resetting the connections fixed the problem. It could be that your IPMA's connections worked their way loose.

OP
OP

clipperqb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
An easy thing to check would be the green and/or brown connections on your IPMA. Unplug and re-plug them to ensure they're fully seated. The IPMA connections will be visible on the left side of the truck under the dash (near the driver's left knee).

I recently did some work on my IPMA and experienced symptoms similar to those you described. Resetting the connections fixed the problem. It could be that your IPMA's connections worked their way loose.
Great, thank you I will try that.

"Steve"

First Name
"Steve"
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21(1).302.PB.157.OX
bump. any updates? happening to me now.

OP
OP

clipperqb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
bump. any updates? happening to me now.
I checked my connections as suggested and they were tighter than a June bride. I ended up bringing the truck in and they have ordered a new camera. That was a month or so ago.
Sponsored