Bed Camara blue screen

Flight047

First Name
Arian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 f150 lariat hybrid 3.5L
Has anyone had an issue with the Camara that shows the whole bed? I get a blue screen saying not available. It's the one by the stop light on top looking backwards. Thanks in advance . Have to go for oil change so I will definitely have someone look at it .
Sponsored

Viper

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Avalon, 2022 F-150 Limited Antimatter Blue
Occupation
Teacher for the Military
My bed camera did a blue screen briefly the other day but after parking and a restart it came back to normal...

OP
OP

Flight047

First Name
Arian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 f150 lariat hybrid 3.5L
My bed camera did a blue screen briefly the other day but after parking and a restart it came back to normal...
How did you reset?

m_bt54

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat Powerboost Hybrid
Occupation
IT Director
It’s happened to me twice. The next time I got in my truck it worked fine

Sponsored

crazywayne311

First Name
Wayne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 SCrew 157" Agate Black Lariat 502A
Occupation
CTMO
mine did that the other day as well. i got to my destination and did a reset. i believe it was hold fast forward and power button until it restarts
i also had a DTC when i hooked up Forscan

Joe_Lee

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 PB FX4
My camera in the 3rd brake light that shows the bed started showing the blue screen randomly and was replaced under warranty eventually. I believe the pixel quality of the replacement is lower than the original and it makes me wonder if they put an after market camera in or the quality is just lower due to supply constraints.

evolross

First Name
Ross
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 PowerBoost King Ranch
Mine has started intermittently going blue. Will hopefully get it addressed under the warranty.

The other thing I just started noticing is my music through wireless CarPlay has started glitching a lot. Like when I roll down the window or even randomly, it will play fine and then "ZZZZZZZZ" for a half-second.

Kidder

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lariat 3.5EB SCREW 157"
Mine worked fine until the last Power-up that I received. Now it's more blue screen than functioning image. And, it's only with the bed camera. All of the other cameras work fine.

The Power-Up 4.2.2 is the culprit for me or a crazy coincidence. My guess is that it is not a hardware problem but a software issue. (I'm smart!)

evolross

First Name
Ross
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 PowerBoost King Ranch
I believe the pixel quality of the replacement is lower than the original and it makes me wonder if they put an after market camera in or the quality is just lower due to supply constraints.
Actually my truck-bed camera is factory (F-150 2021 King Ranch) and it is definitely lower-resolution and much blurrier than the other cameras. Which are mostly crystal clear.

Sponsored

theRAAPster

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Platinum PB
Mine has been blue most of the time for the last few weeks, but occasionally goes back to working. I don't have the 4.x power ups yet, so I don't think that is the (only) reason. Also pulled off the rear brake light and double checked to make sure the camera had a good connection, but that didn't seem to be an issue. Of course this happens as my warranty runs out, so hoping it is a quick/cheap fix that I could handle myself.

I pulled this DTC out of Forscan:

Code: B152E - Rear Camera 2

Additional Fault Symptom :)08):
- Bus Signal/Message Failures

Status (-28):
- Previously Set DTC - Not Present at Time of Request
- Malfunction Indicator Lamp is Off for this DTC

Module: Image Processing Module A

Ford Motor Company

Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150
Mine has been blue most of the time for the last few weeks, but occasionally goes back to working. I don't have the 4.x power ups yet, so I don't think that is the (only) reason. Also pulled off the rear brake light and double checked to make sure the camera had a good connection, but that didn't seem to be an issue. Of course this happens as my warranty runs out, so hoping it is a quick/cheap fix that I could handle myself.

I pulled this DTC out of Forscan:

Code: B152E - Rear Camera 2

Additional Fault Symptom :)08):
- Bus Signal/Message Failures

Status (-28):
- Previously Set DTC - Not Present at Time of Request
- Malfunction Indicator Lamp is Off for this DTC

Module: Image Processing Module A
Good morning- I can look into this for you. Feel free to send over a private message with your VIN and dealership information at your earliest convenience.

JeremyJamm

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Lariat Supercrew
Mine worked fine until the last Power-up that I received. Now it's more blue screen than functioning image. And, it's only with the bed camera. All of the other cameras work fine.

The Power-Up 4.2.2 is the culprit for me or a crazy coincidence. My guess is that it is not a hardware problem but a software issue. (I'm smart!)
I just received 3.5.4 and noticed the blue screen for my bed camera today. Previous to the update it had been working fine.

billchurch

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat, 3.5L PB, 7.2KW, Max Tow, FX4
I'm having a similar issue with my 2021 F150 Power Boost. It would be intermittently broken then it was fairly reliably broken. I took it to the dealer last week to look at that among some other things (half-axle replace, tailgate sensor tripping alarm, rough shifting).

Of course, when I went to show the service advisor it was working again (literally every time I'm in the truck I check it and it's blue, this time it wasn't go figure). They had some major issues updating the trailer controller (I got a ton of alerts from FordPass) and they kept it for a few more days, 8 days total, (gave loaner thankfully). They returned it this morning and when I got into it, wouldn't you know the bed camera was blue screened again.
Sponsored