Sponsored

Knickell

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mazda Protege, Ford F-150
Good report, and pictures. Even better on that color! I've considered maybe getting some bed boxes for my rig too.
Sponsored

F-150 Prius

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Platinum PowerBoost FX-4 6½
Occupation
Software Algorithms
I wanted to provide examples for anyone considering this and unsure of installing with the 7.2KW, or any of the bed outlet configs really.
Thanks for putting in the effort to share your install. Both Ford and SwingCase didn't have specific install notes for the Hybrid, just "it works."
I've ordered these from Ford and now I'm confident of the DIY install. It's worth the cost to buy back some space under the rear seat and keep things like chemicals out of the cabin.
I wish SwingCase would mold a box specific to each truck type – there's a lot of volume not utilized and I think the case should be no wider than the wheel arch. Seems to me they could offer a larger size at a higher price … two inches higher, an inch or two closer to the bed, snug around the wheel arch and have a lot more volume.
Also seems odd that the Swing _case_ doesn't have a handle to carry it like a case.
I see a lot of knock-off copies, but no one has gone to the trouble of making a better design.

Warthog

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2011 Ford Raptor, 1998 Silverado
Occupation
Sales
Do you still have 48"for sheets of material?

OP
OP
Vulnox

Vulnox

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Lariat 502A, 3.5L PowerBoost
I definitely feel dumb for not trying this when doing the initial install. But I went back and tried to reinstall the box link system with the bed box latch, and sure enough it works just fine. So you don't have to pick one or the other.

Ford F-150 Bed Boxes Installed on 2021 PowerBoost w/ 7.2KW Pro Power Onboard IMG_5820.JPEG
Ford F-150 Bed Boxes Installed on 2021 PowerBoost w/ 7.2KW Pro Power Onboard IMG_5822.JPEG
Sponsored