Sponsored

Bed and Cab Sizing for the 2021 (bed cover from previous gen possibly fits)

HandsomeDad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 f150
Hey fellas, does any have the inside scoop whether the previous gen drop in liner would fit the 2021? Seems like the dimensions are the same. Would just need to cut for access to the power panel. Has anyone tried this ?
Sponsored

DMIFORDFAN

First Name
Darsh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XLT
Did you get your truck and did your cover fit? Thanks
I registered just to reply to this. I picked up my 2021 yesterday. About 20 minutes after I got it home, the Revolver x4 that I previously had on my 2019 was installed with a perfect fit on the new truck. Hope this helps.

BLoflin

First Name
Brooks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 KR PB 6.5'
Occupation
retired
Bob, before you pop the champagne... Yes the bed (as in the metal parts, bed floor, bed sides, bed front are pretty much the same. HOWEVER, the plastic trim around the top of the bed (i.e. where toppers sit, where tonneau covers sit) ARE NOT THE SAME. I found this over in the Body Builders Advisory info for upfitters and after marketers. Most of the dimensions differences are in a few millimeters, but one was 43 mm different (yes, about 1.7 inches).

The link is: https://www.fordbbas.com/vehicleModel/F150

The bulletin is Q332R2 dated Feb 12, 2021.

I'll try and insert direct link: https://madocumentupload.marketinga...5f20c646801cb9a90eeda79036e746e39d73&v5=False

It show a comparison of MY2020.

Some of this may be why people are having trouble with aftermarket covers/caps from vendors that didn't look at the engineering documentation from Ford versus the "marketing" info.

GolfR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 KR PB
I have a Leer 650 quad fold cover on my 21 KR w/ 6.5 ft bed. Same part number for 21 as older trucks. Fits and works perfectly. I’m very happy with it particularly because it doesn’t have a drain channel and drain hoses. It’s been totally water tight on the sides. A little water gets in when washing at the tailgate and I’m going to shift it back just a bit to try and fix that.
Sponsored