First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F-150 Platinum, 2020 Cadillac Escalade
Occupation
I’m a tire man
I’d love to do this, but am worried it would mess with the lane centering and co-pilot functionality.

OP
OP
ldsavow

ldsavow

First Name
Christopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Platinum Powerboost
Occupation
Internet Admin
I’d love to do this, but am worried it would mess with the lane centering and co-pilot functionality.
Its a VERY REAL concern.
Changing the height of the sensor WILL impact the final target aim on the ground.
But this this sensor technology has been in service for several years now, so surely the effects of this modification MUST be well known by now???

150ish

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F150
Occupation
Inspector Gadget
Here's a real life look at the BDS 6" lift kit.

2021-Ford-F-150-BDS 6%22 Inch Lift Kit.jpg
That looks really good. I'm just concerned with it fitting in my garage, lol. Anyone the measurements on this one?

OP
OP
ldsavow

ldsavow

First Name
Christopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Internet Admin
That looks really good. I'm just concerned with it fitting in my garage, lol. Anyone the measurements on this one?
HELL YA IT DOES!
My truck has NEVER seen a night of its entire life inside of a garage!

Sponsored

snoshuu

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XLT FX4/Sport(302A) -5.0- Velocity Blue
Occupation
Troublemaker
75.6 in (cab height) + 6" lift + however much larger your tires are will give you total height.

Mabes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
4runner
This might be a stupid question. Does BDS have certain retailers that install the lifts?

snoshuu

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Troublemaker
This might be a stupid question. Does BDS have certain retailers that install the lifts?
Try contacting your nearest distributor....they may be able to refer you to a local installer.

OP
OP
ldsavow

ldsavow

First Name
Christopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Internet Admin

Tireman

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
I’m a tire man
Its a VERY REAL concern.
Changing the height of the sensor WILL impact the final target aim on the ground.
But this this sensor technology has been in service for several years now, so surely the effects of this modification MUST be well known by now???
Agreed, has anyone looked into this further?

Sponsored

snoshuu

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Troublemaker
Agreed, has anyone looked into this further?
I should have an answer next week. My dealership ordered a 4" BDS lift kit yesterday and we'll have it installed upon arrival. I'm confident that the sensors can either be adjusted via computer, or it won't change the range significantly enough to be an issue. We also discussed adjusting the headlights to maintain the factory engineered aim. The speedometer is also easily adjusted via computer.

Tireman

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
I’m a tire man
I should have an answer next week. My dealership ordered a 4" BDS lift kit yesterday and we'll have it installed upon arrival. I'm confident that the sensors can either be adjusted via computer, or it won't change the range significantly enough to be an issue. We also discussed adjusting the headlights to maintain the factory engineered aim. The speedometer is also easily adjusted via computer.
I’m so torn on this, they look awesome and I kind of want to do it. But coming from a raptor I kind of want to enjoy that smooth quiet ride of the new truck with p metric Michelin’s for a while. You are going to have to give us a review once you get it installed and put a few hundred miles on it

OP
OP
ldsavow

ldsavow

First Name
Christopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Internet Admin
I’m so torn on this, they look awesome and I kind of want to do it. But coming from a raptor I kind of want to enjoy that smooth quiet ride of the new truck with p metric Michelin’s for a while. You are going to have to give us a review once you get it installed and put a few hundred miles on it
So the primary reason I am going with the more expensive BDS lift is because is does NOT DEGRADE the OEM ride at all..

Tireman

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
I’m a tire man
So the primary reason I am going with the more expensive BDS lift is because is does NOT DEGRADE the OEM ride at all..
i’m not sure that’s possible. I know they are the best, but I don’t think it’s possible to lift a truck and go to a larger tire without losing ride quality...even if it’s minimal. I’ll probably go the first year or so stock then maybe go with the 4 inch coil over.

Administrator

Administrator
Staff member
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150
Occupation
Admin
Today we are so excited to show you the worlds first Lifted 2021 Ford F-150 on 37" Toyo Open Country RT tires! This truck features a BDS 6" suspension lift for the 2021 F-150 and it clears room for the massive 37" Toyo Tires! The suspension on the new F-150 is all new and that means we had to get our hands on one of the first 2021 F-150 lift kits!

Ford F-150 BDS 2" 4" and 6" Lift Kits for 2021 F-150 released 2021 Ford F-150 37%22 Tires 6%22 BDS Lift Kit
Sponsored