First Name
Christopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Platinum Powerboost
Occupation
Internet Admin
i’m not sure that’s possible. I know they are the best, but I don’t think it’s possible to lift a truck and go to a larger tire without losing ride quality...even if it’s minimal. I’ll probably go the first year or so stock then maybe go with the 4 inch coil over.
So
Suspension and Tires are two different things.
We CAN lift the truck and NOT change the quality of the ride.
Thats doable, it just requires the correct geometry and mechanics.

Putting on TALLER tires is an entirely different part of equation though, and I agree with you.
Its VERY hard to maintain ride quality on taller off road tires.

For me its not about squeezing in a set of 35's or 37's.
I just don't like the over all ride stance of the 150 vs. the 250 I have been driving for the last 16 years.,
Sponsored

Tireman

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F-150 Platinum, 2020 Cadillac Escalade
Occupation
I’m a tire man
So
Suspension and Tires are two different things.
We CAN lift the truck and NOT change the quality of the ride.
Thats doable, it just requires the correct geometry and mechanics.

Putting on TALLER tires is an entirely different part of equation though, and I agree with you.
Its VERY hard to maintain ride quality on taller off road tires.

For me its not about squeezing in a set of 35's or 37's.
I just don't like the over all ride stance of the 150 vs. the 250 I have been driving for the last 16 years.,
Agreed, and if anyone can do it, it’s BDS. They know their stuff. If I do it I’ll probably do the 4 inch coil over and maybe a 295/60r20. Not sure yet

OP
OP
ldsavow

ldsavow

First Name
Christopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Internet Admin
Now that I got my VIN and a BUILD DATE, it might just be time to get that lift kit on order!! :)

Hambone

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XLT Sport, 2011 F150
Occupation
Home Inspector
While it might not be everyone's cup of tea, the one thing that bugs me about the 150s is that they sit so much LOWER than the 250s. This extra 4" should make the 150 look like a proper truck! ;)

Let me know if you get one of these kits. I am curious about their ride quality. The Rough Country 3" with remote reservoirs and new A-arms is also one that I am researching right now. You in Rigby ID? Not too far from you in Bellevue, Blaine County.

OP
OP
ldsavow

ldsavow

First Name
Christopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Internet Admin
Let me know if you get one of these kits. I am curious about their ride quality. The Rough Country 3" with remote reservoirs and new A-arms is also one that I am researching right now. You in Rigby ID? Not too far from you in Bellevue, Blaine County.
its still my plan to install one of these kits if I ever get my truck!;)

Sponsored

Asphaltman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150, 2021 F150, 2018 F-150 1997 F-250H
Occupation
Entrepreneur
Anyone know if Tough Country will have a 3” for the 21’s? That’s what I have on my ’18 and it’s been good. I assumed that’s what I would do, but now seeing all the talk of 4”, that may be an option. I just liked the 3 as it didn’t mess with brake lines or other things that the 4’s do. Thoughts? What about thoughts on the Rough Country kit? I just read that if the stock height exceeds 22”, then the 3” kits won’t work....? That means if you have fx4 you’re out of luck. My 18 never had an issue, so trying to figure out.

OP
OP
ldsavow

ldsavow

First Name
Christopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Internet Admin
Anyone know if Tough Country will have a 3” for the 21’s? That’s what I have on my ’18 and it’s been good. I assumed that’s what I would do, but now seeing all the talk of 4”, that may be an option. I just liked the 3 as it didn’t mess with brake lines or other things that the 4’s do. Thoughts? What about thoughts on the Rough Country kit? I just read that if the stock height exceeds 22”, then the 3” kits won’t work....? That means if you have fx4 you’re out of luck. My 18 never had an issue, so trying to figure out.
Seems like someone commented about installing a 3" Rough Country on their new truck?

150ish

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F150
Occupation
Inspector Gadget
75.6 in (cab height) + 6" lift + however much larger your tires are will give you total height.
You're very close. You only need to add in half of the tire size difference. The other half is above the axle has no effect on height. Either way, real world numbers are totally different then what you see on paper. I'm still hoping someone can get some measurements with the 4" and 35's.

Tireman

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
I’m a tire man
Has anyone done this yet? I was totally against it and now I’m starting to get an itch. The struggle is real. But I’m also looking at Icon.

OP
OP
ldsavow

ldsavow

First Name
Christopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Internet Admin
Has anyone done this yet? I was totally against it and now I’m starting to get an itch. The struggle is real. But I’m also looking at Icon.
These trucks CRY OUT for a good LIFT KIT.3-4" of lift TRANSFORMs them
6" and they look like an aggressive F250..

Sponsored

Tireman

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
I’m a tire man
These trucks CRY OUT for a good LIFT KIT.3-4" of lift TRANSFORMs them
6" and they look like an aggressive F250..
I think I’m going to go with the icon, you can chose between stock height and 2.5 within the same kit. It’s adjustable.

OP
OP
ldsavow

ldsavow

First Name
Christopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Internet Admin
I think I’m going to go with the icon, you can chose between stock height and 2.5 within the same kit. It’s adjustable.
Link?

Tireman

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
I’m a tire man

Tireman

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
I’m a tire man
It says for up to a 2020, I called them and asked about the 21. They won’t tell you it works. They are still testing it. But I’ve got confirmation “off the record, it does. We will do it Tuesday and report back
Guys I’m getting nervous about this. Would you guys wait until the company confirms it works?
Sponsored