• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Battery Theft

RLXXI

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2013 F 150, 2014 Escape, 2011 Suzuki DR 650SE
Occupation
Auto tech
Worried? No. Why? 2 words.....

Comprehensive insurance. (y)
Sponsored

MickeyAO

First Name
Mickey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rapid Red Lightning Lariat ER, Kia EV6 GT-Line AWD
Occupation
Lab Manager of the Energy Storage Technology Center
And probably about 50-60 hex bolts too!:ROFLMAO:
It will have fewer bolts than the Mach E...something like 8 - 14 is what I remember seeing. I'll be dropping the battery of a Mach E here in a couple of months, and will then take it apart.

SteveP150

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat Powerboost
Feels like you might as well be asking if the engine is going to be stolen out of an ICE vehicle. It's theoretically possible, but because of how big and heavy it is and how complicated and lengthy the removal is likely to be, it being actually a problem is pretty unlikely.
Anyone that wants the battery is much more likely to steal the truck and remove the battery in a chop shop.

Mr. Flibble

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1995 Delica L400, Kia Soul EV, Jeep Diesel
Occupation
Computer Nerd
It will have fewer bolts than the Mach E...something like 8 - 14 is what I remember seeing. I'll be dropping the battery of a Mach E here in a couple of months, and will then take it apart.
I believe you are correct Sandy Munroe said the battery could be dropped by removing 8 bolts.

I am not too worried about a tweaker dropping the battery and making off with it. Heck, I would pay good money to see one drop the 1800 lbs battery while underneath it….
Sponsored