Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2008 Bullitt Mustang, 2021 F-150 Lariat
Occupation
Retired
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08LMV61RQ?ref=ppx_yo2ov_dt_b_product_details&th=1
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B003WDEYPE?psc=1&ref=ppx_yo2ov_dt_b_product_details

I charged once with my tender under the hood and using the alligator clamps but I like the ring terminals better (see link above) and I bought a 25' extension cable (link above) so I can have the tender in the garage nice and dry and just bring the other end under the hood and connect to the ring terminal pigtail at the battery.

Much less chance of a short from the alligator clamps slipping or from having the charger laying around under the hood in bad weather. I can also watch the tender inside to monitor the charge status without having to go out to the truck and keep opening the hood to look at the charger display.

Another tip- I made a small sign saying "Battery Charger Connected" laminated it and I attach it to the steering wheel with a Velcro loop so I don't forget and drive off with the charger wires connected.
Sponsored

OP
OP
sglide05

sglide05

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 XLT
Is there anyone in the Portland, OR / Vancouver, WA metro area that has the Forscan tools to make this change? If so, how much do you charge?

DK4

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Truck
Is there anyone in the Portland, OR / Vancouver, WA metro area that has the Forscan tools to make this change? If so, how much do you charge?
Im about 3 hours East of you. I can do any Forscan changes you want at no cost if you were to make the trip.

OP
OP
sglide05

sglide05

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 XLT
Im about 3 hours East of you. I can do any Forscan changes you want at no cost if you were to make the trip.
I could do that. Where are you at? I'd have to do it on the weekend if that's okay.

Sponsored

Mszczewski

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 F-150 Lariat Powerboost
I dropped an onboard NOCO into my truck permanently.
Ford F-150 Battery Tender 985639BE-DCDA-4AAF-8FF9-0B4716F4AA97

Fastened it to the top of the relay block with some 3M Dual-Lock to make it easily removable.

Ran a weather and oil rated extension cord around the perimeter over to the driver side and fished down to just above the cavity that the plate bracket occupies for those of us in front plate states. Drilled a small hole through and put a new weatherproof outlet plug on the end of the cord. Then crafted a mounting plate for my dual plug NOCO adapter to plug in both the block heater and charger.

Ford F-150 Battery Tender 43C27E56-C3C9-44D6-93DC-7BDCE313EBD2

Pops right out when I get forgetful and back out with the truck still plugged in.

OP
OP
sglide05

sglide05

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 XLT
Any big differences between the Noco and the Battery Tender brand names?

DK4

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Truck
Any big differences between the Noco and the Battery Tender brand names?
Doesn’t look like it. At least when comparing products with similar features as some of them are more advanced than others. They both get good reviews. I bet either one would work fine.

This NOCO gets really good reviews and it’s quite affordable. Obviously it’s not fancy and won’t charge fast but should work fine for keeping a battery in a maintained state.

Overboost

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
The Noco stuff usually goes on sale at Amazon during Prime Days and Black Friday too. You can catch them close to 50% off sometimes.

Missmy3/4ton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
300a XLT 5.0 4x4
Minor update: It's been about a month with the adjusted battery values. I cant remember which value I set off the top of my head. I think it was 85 or 90%; 85 I think. Well I finally received my first OTA update since Nov of 2021. Battery hasn't dropped below 12v, with mostly in town driving.

Sponsored

StoneGray22

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 SCREW, 500A, 3.5 EB, 4x4, Max Tow, 157"
Anyone using a noco genius2 on their truck? I hooked one up today around noon (after ~ 45 min total drive time to work, a few errands, and home), and it was reading 25% charged. A few hours later it was indicating maintenance, and then indicating 25% again. The drop to 25% was after I lowered the tailgate and did a few things in the bed. Showed maintenance again a couple of hours later. I just went out to get something out of the truck, and checked it after locking up, showing 25% again.
Anyone have any thoughts on what is going on? Surely something as simple as dropping the tailgate or unlocking/opening a door shouldn't be having that big of an impact on the battery voltage?

StoneGray22

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 SCREW, 500A, 3.5 EB, 4x4, Max Tow, 157"
Anyone using a noco genius2 on their truck? I hooked one up today around noon (after ~ 45 min total drive time to work, a few errands, and home), and it was reading 25% charged. A few hours later it was indicating maintenance, and then indicating 25% again. The drop to 25% was after I lowered the tailgate and did a few things in the bed. Showed maintenance again a couple of hours later. I just went out to get something out of the truck, and checked it after locking up, showing 25% again.
Anyone have any thoughts on what is going on? Surely something as simple as dropping the tailgate or unlocking/opening a door shouldn't be having that big of an impact on the battery voltage?
In case anyone else is wondering, this seems to be how the Genius tenders are designed to work:
https://no-co.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/360052530174-Why-is-the-Charge-Cycle-Restarting-

Interestingly, battery voltage was at 11V this AM (according to Ford Status Widget), which is the lowest I've seen it yet, despite being connected to the NOCO for ~16 hours.

TSGarp007

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 4x4 Supercrew Powerboost 302A
So is your FordPass app currently notifying you if you are plugged in but not charging?

BluStreak

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 f150
Occupation
Photographer
I just ordered this one Clore 1002, It is a 1.5 amp battery maintainer. When hooking these up do you hook the ground to the battery ground or do you use a chassis ground. I ask this because of the battery management system.
Sponsored