• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Battery pack longevity

Vulnox

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Lariat 502A, 3.5L PowerBoost
However, leasing erases the Tax Credit. With the passage in the house this morning that is potentially $12,500 that can be taken off the sale price at the dealer (not something you need to claim on your taxes).

Source (copied from user greenne): https://waysandmeans.house.gov/sites/democrats.waysandmeans.house.gov/files/documents/Section by Section Subtitle F, G, H, & J.pdf

Page 23
That isn't always true. We leased our 2016 C-Max Energi and the tax credit was taken off by Ford Credit as a deduction on vehicle cost, so we still got the benefit.

Also Ford won't have leasing for the Lightning just like they don't for the Mach E so it's pointless to argue anyway. They will have the Ford Credit Options package which is lease adjacent and lets you claim the tax credit.
Sponsored

metroshot

First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat F150L + 2023 MME
Occupation
Networking Tech
That isn't always true. We leased our 2016 C-Max Energi and the tax credit was taken off by Ford Credit as a deduction on vehicle cost, so we still got the benefit.

Also Ford won't have leasing for the Lightning just like they don't for the Mach E so it's pointless to argue anyway. They will have the Ford Credit Options package which is lease adjacent and lets you claim the tax credit.
Excellent news!
Thanks for that - Ford Credit Options - is that a balloon lease program like BMW Select/Choice ?

When I leased my Honda Clarity PHEV, Honda Financial passed along the $7500 fed tax credit along with a bonus $3000 ($10,500) that lowered my net cap cost and thus monthly lease of $285.

Glad to hear Ford will offer a similar option for leases!

Vulnox

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Excellent news!
Thanks for that - Ford Credit Options - is that a balloon lease program like BMW Select/Choice ?

When I leased my Honda Clarity PHEV, Honda Financial passed along the $7500 fed tax credit along with a bonus $3000 ($10,500) that lowered my net cap cost and thus monthly lease of $285.

Yep, Ford actually has a great site explaining it and comparing it to leasing and normal finance.

https://www.ford.com/finance/finance-options/ford-options

Roy2001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla MX LR; Prius Prime
I am confident that Ford has ensured the battery cooling system can handle a hot garage. Much more heat is generated in the battery during highway speed driving.
I mean it is hard to park F150 inside garage.

And parking outside with direct sunshine would be harmful to battery when temperature is over 3 digits.

Sponsored

astricklin

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
99 Mercury mountaineer
Excellent news!

If you read the information on the ford site. I don't believe ford is passing through the 7500. With Ford option you own the vehicle so you have to claim the tax credit.

It does not appear ford is offering a traditional lease for the mach-e.

I don't know if you could find a third party lease company to work with and if they would pass on the tax credit or if they would be able to purchase the vehicle that you ordered.

Kiggulak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2013 Volt, 2013 Focus EV, 2019 Model 3LR
Yes Ford Credit has wisely provided the Ford Options on the Mach-E to allow the consumer to claim the current (and future) Tax Credit and realize a lower monthly payment of a lease with the flexibility of long term ownership or trade in-up culture of cell phones. Ford Options balloon financing creative use of an older financial product that better fits in todays culture. Its the smart play for EV adoption overall and is well aligned with going All In on EV manufacturing, as opposed to compliance EV sales. One thing that Tesla hasn't picked up on ... yet. They have the direct to consumer angle.

Kiggulak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2013 Volt, 2013 Focus EV, 2019 Model 3LR
Why???
This is why the vehicle has a liquid cooling system for the battery.
I'd like to know more about the Mach - E Battery Management System, since Ford Focus Electric liquid cooling only works when plugged in ... This can be a weakness in Ford EV technology for long term battery life. I'll wait for more news from MickeyAO's Mach-E testing in the coming months.

metroshot

First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Networking Tech
I mean it is hard to park F150 inside garage.

And parking outside with direct sunshine would be harmful to battery when temperature is over 3 digits.
Not harmful at all - the battery is designed to take on the heat.

My Clarity PHEV 3 years now - is parked outside all day long on 100+ temps (southern California) and I hear the battery cooling fan operating all the time....

shutterbug

First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mastang Mach-E Grabber Blue First Edition
Not harmful at all - the battery is designed to take on the heat.

My Clarity PHEV 3 years now - is parked outside all day long on 100+ temps (southern California) and I hear the battery cooling fan operating all the time....
Is your clarity cooling the battery even when not plugged in? My C-Max didn't do that. And Mustang Mach-E doesn't either.

Sponsored

metroshot

First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Networking Tech
Is your clarity cooling the battery even when not plugged in? My C-Max didn't do that. And Mustang Mach-E doesn't either.
The battery cooling fans spins up only when plugged into the charger.
Since I am in hot temps 10 months out of year, the battery fan goes on while parked outside or inside the garage.

I am sure the Lightning will have a cooling system as well.

Hoping the battery warranty in CA is extended to 10 years like my Honda.

Vulnox

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
It should only be cooling if cooling is called for. The battery should be running hotter than ambient temp for best performance, vehicles like Tesla even "pre-condition" the battery, raising its temperature before charging. You don't want it too hot obviously, but the Mach E will absolutely cool the batteries even when not plugged in if it needs to. It is just pretty rare short of taking it to the race track that they would get that hot.

shutterbug

First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mastang Mach-E Grabber Blue First Edition
It should only be cooling if cooling is called for. The battery should be running hotter than ambient temp for best performance, vehicles like Tesla even "pre-condition" the battery, raising its temperature before charging. You don't want it too hot obviously, but the Mach E will absolutely cool the batteries even when not plugged in if it needs to. It is just pretty rare short of taking it to the race track that they would get that hot.
My Mustang Mach-E battery cooling is ONLY active when plugged or is running. It does not do anything when idle. There are several threads on MME forum that bear this out as well.

Ford Senior Master

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning Pro, 2023.5 MachE on the way
Occupation
Service Manager
If you read the information on the ford site. I don't believe ford is passing through the 7500. With Ford option you own the vehicle so you have to claim the tax credit.

It does not appear ford is offering a traditional lease for the mach-e.

I don't know if you could find a third party lease company to work with and if they would pass on the tax credit or if they would be able to purchase the vehicle that you ordered.
Ford does offer Red Carpet Leasing for the Mach E.

Roy2001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla MX LR; Prius Prime
I am sure the Lightning will have a cooling system as well.

Hoping the battery warranty in CA is extended to 10 years like my Honda.
Sure F150 would turn on AC to cool down battery while charging. But still, for most of the time, battery would get very hot during the day when you are not driving and not charging. Just hope it last long. Really love to have a electrified F150.
Sponsored