First Name
Javier
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F150 Platinum FX4 EcoBoost
Occupation
Auto Sales
Another master reset will get the service manager's phone removed from the truck's Fordpass account so you can add it back to yours. I say go pick up your truck, drive it for a few days and see if the GPS signal locks back in.
Sponsored

OP
OP

JDaleo

First Name
Jordan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 King Ranch
Jesse says there are no configuration issues with your truck. He says you may need to drive it a bit so that it can lock in the GPS signal and stop showing you it is in Michigan. Once you get your Fordpass back, you should be able to reconnect to Android Auto.
When they tried giving it back to me last Friday, I sat in it for about 10 minutes in the open and started setting things back up (seats, mirrors, other settings), and drove it about 2 miles around the parking lot and down the road trying to get it to lock (I remember using old GPS units that took a while to lock with full resets). I'd hate to take it for longer than that and them officially check it out, because if it doesn't lock, the timer of Ford having it starts over and they won't give the truck as much attention and treat it as a new issue and complaint. The service manager told me he had it running and drove it around their lot as well, including today, and it's still showing no GPS. I wonder if I can ask them if I can just take it for an hour or so to drive it home and back and see if that fixes it, without them checking it out.

Curious why someone at Ford didn't bring this up to them and review the config and suggest the drive it a bit.

rugedraw

First Name
Javier
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Auto Sales
Well, according to PTS, the mileage on the truck has not changed for a week or more. Leave it a bit longer if you'd like since you have a case open, but if there's nothing to fix, they're not going to find anything.

Did the screen stop rebooting and going black as far as you know?

OP
OP

JDaleo

First Name
Jordan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 King Ranch
Well, according to PTS, the mileage on the truck has not changed for a week or more. Leave it a bit longer if you'd like since you have a case open, but if there's nothing to fix, they're not going to find anything.

Did the screen stop rebooting and going black as far as you know?
Good point. I'll call over on Monday and ask if I could just take the truck for a couple hours and drive it around and see how it looks. As far as I know, it's not rebooting anymore, so that's good.

Sponsored

Jesse-Infotainment

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
When they tried giving it back to me last Friday, I sat in it for about 10 minutes in the open and started setting things back up (seats, mirrors, other settings), and drove it about 2 miles around the parking lot and down the road trying to get it to lock (I remember using old GPS units that took a while to lock with full resets). I'd hate to take it for longer than that and them officially check it out, because if it doesn't lock, the timer of Ford having it starts over and they won't give the truck as much attention and treat it as a new issue and complaint. The service manager told me he had it running and drove it around their lot as well, including today, and it's still showing no GPS. I wonder if I can ask them if I can just take it for an hour or so to drive it home and back and see if that fixes it, without them checking it out.

Curious why someone at Ford didn't bring this up to them and review the config and suggest the drive it a bit.
GPS can take 10 to 20 mins to come back.

There is nothing wrong with the truck as it is right now. Whe I say nothing wrong I mean interms of As build or config or what the dealer did in the replacent process.

I am mor ethan familiar with this being a issue because I sell Nav upgrades and customers will call complaining no GPS> I tell them to drive and they dont believe me because they have been stting still for and hour. SItting still is not driving. You need to drive it.

If after 20-30 min it still ahs not come back its point less to involve the dealer any more. We would need to connect with Forscan to see if what is in the apim is what is reflected online.

OP
OP

JDaleo

First Name
Jordan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 King Ranch
GPS can take 10 to 20 mins to come back.

There is nothing wrong with the truck as it is right now. Whe I say nothing wrong I mean interms of As build or config or what the dealer did in the replacent process.

I am mor ethan familiar with this being a issue because I sell Nav upgrades and customers will call complaining no GPS> I tell them to drive and they dont believe me because they have been stting still for and hour. SItting still is not driving. You need to drive it.

If after 20-30 min it still ahs not come back its point less to involve the dealer any more. We would need to connect with Forscan to see if what is in the apim is what is reflected online.
I pitched the idea to the dealership to let me drive it for about 20 or 30 minutes just to see if it can get a lock. The service manager was saying when they looked at it, they were seeing where it wasn't even trying to communicate with satellites. And when I look in the FordPass app, the last update of location was May 19th. Which is odd because the issue started the day I dropped the truck off, on the 3rd. So at some point it did enough to send back its location at least for a moment, between APIM 2 and 3.

Waiting to hear back from them now.

Regarding connecting with FORScan, I don't have the hardware to do that, and it's very frustrating that Ford just can't seem to figure this out. Based on what I'm hearing, this seems to be a very common issue and it's hard to believe that customers are all just fixing the issues themselves or dealing with not having GPS.

What a mess.

OP
OP

JDaleo

First Name
Jordan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 King Ranch
I pitched the idea to the dealership to let me drive it for about 20 or 30 minutes just to see if it can get a lock. The service manager was saying when they looked at it, they were seeing where it wasn't even trying to communicate with satellites. And when I look in the FordPass app, the last update of location was May 19th. Which is odd because the issue started the day I dropped the truck off, on the 3rd. So at some point it did enough to send back its location at least for a moment, between APIM 2 and 3.

Waiting to hear back from them now.

Regarding connecting with FORScan, I don't have the hardware to do that, and it's very frustrating that Ford just can't seem to figure this out. Based on what I'm hearing, this seems to be a very common issue and it's hard to believe that customers are all just fixing the issues themselves or dealing with not having GPS.

What a mess.
Ford called me back and said driving it won't do any good because it's not even trying to get a lock. I'm only hearing from them every few days when I reach out to them.. i'm not getting regular updates. They stated Ford has accepted this as an issue and is working with developers on a fix (who knows if this is actually true).. In my mind it sounds like there is a software glitch with the latest version where when a master reset is done, it's disabling the GPS.

How long could it possibly take for this to get fixed at Ford. My truck has been there for 5 weeks now. In a few more days, I'm going to reach out to my salesman and let them know they're going to put me in something else. @Ford Motor Company , get some more eyes on this.

Oh, and my nice new battery is now down to 11.9v. They haven't even touched the car in 5 days, not even to keep the battery charged.

rugedraw

First Name
Javier
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Auto Sales
Ford called me back and said driving it won't do any good because it's not even trying to get a lock. I'm only hearing from them every few days when I reach out to them.. i'm not getting regular updates. They stated Ford has accepted this as an issue and is working with developers on a fix (who knows if this is actually true).. In my mind it sounds like there is a software glitch with the latest version where when a master reset is done, it's disabling the GPS.

How long could it possibly take for this to get fixed at Ford. My truck has been there for 5 weeks now. In a few more days, I'm going to reach out to my salesman and let them know they're going to put me in something else. @Ford Motor Company , get some more eyes on this.

Oh, and my nice new battery is now down to 11.9v. They haven't even touched the car in 5 days, not even to keep the battery charged.
As counter-intuitive as it may sound, I would not listen to Ford. When you get your truck back, drive it around for a bit to see if it gets signal. If not, order one of these:

https://www.amazon.com/Vgate-vLinke...id=1686148970&sprefix=vlink+for,aps,88&sr=8-3

Get FORscan with a license (both free) and reach out to Jesse.

OP
OP

JDaleo

First Name
Jordan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 King Ranch
As counter-intuitive as it may sound, I would not listen to Ford. When you get your truck back, drive it around for a bit to see if it gets signal. If not, order one of these:

https://www.amazon.com/Vgate-vLinker-Adapter-FORScan-MS-CAN/dp/B094Z7PBLS/ref=sr_1_3?crid=1QCO7MJ6P31CJ&keywords=vlink+ford&qid=1686148970&sprefix=vlink+for,aps,88&sr=8-3

Get FORscan with a license (both free) and reach out to Jesse.
Up there now, no SiriusXM either, as I expected. Think I might buy that cable today.

Told them to check out the sat and gps modules to make sure they're not disabled. If I don't get anything useful back, I'm taking the truck.

Sponsored

rugedraw

First Name
Javier
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Auto Sales
Up there now, no SiriusXM either, as I expected. Think I might buy that cable today.

Told them to check out the sat and gps modules to make sure they're not disabled. If I don't get anything useful back, I'm taking the truck.
Lots of cool stuff you can enable in your truck with that cable. Check out the first post of this thread for a tutorial and a list of things you can do:

https://www.f150gen14.com/forum/threads/2021-f-150-forscan-list-database-spreadsheet.1578/

I highly recommend glare-free headlights.

antho

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 801A Raptor
Hopefully it isn’t setting in the bay or in the shop. I lose GPS and SXM when I pull into the garage. Sounds like a no brainer but ya never know….

OP
OP

JDaleo

First Name
Jordan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 King Ranch
Hopefully it isn’t setting in the bay or in the shop. I lose GPS and SXM when I pull into the garage. Sounds like a no brainer but ya never know….
Nope, it's been out in their parking lot, which is wide open, for the last week or so. That's why I went up there, to see where it was and check the SXM.

OP
OP

JDaleo

First Name
Jordan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 King Ranch
So this morning they're telling me a "field service engineer was looking at the truck yesterday and the truck is not recognizing the satellite signal, the Ford software does not enable the antennas".... what?!
@rugedraw , do you happen to see anything in the system where my truck was even touched yesterday? I don't see anything on my end, the truck wasn't started or driven. He said the next step is a note needs to be sent to Ford because there is an issue with the APIM, and they need to await Ford's reply, but he said they can be pretty slow to respond.

OP
OP

JDaleo

First Name
Jordan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 King Ranch
Lots of cool stuff you can enable in your truck with that cable. Check out the first post of this thread for a tutorial and a list of things you can do:

https://www.f150gen14.com/forum/threads/2021-f-150-forscan-list-database-spreadsheet.1578/

I highly recommend glare-free headlights.
I ordered the cable, it'll be here Saturday.

They're screwing around up at the dealership.. I told them I want a meeting (actual sit down) with the service manager, shop foreman, and this "field service engineer". Instead of just trying one thing a week, get someone and run down a list of things to try. Replace random hardware if you need to, just throw stuff at it until it works. If I don't get anything good back by next week, i'm going to get the truck and will try to fix it on my own. If i can't, i'll bring it to another dealer.

It's a shame, i like the guys at this dealer, i've bought like 4 or 5 cars from them.. but they just aren't pushing very hard for me.. and again, it's been 36 days up there. I can't believe Ford isn't working harder here.
Sponsored