BAP Double Exhaust vs. Borla S-Type on 3.5 EB

FJay150

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 3.5 EB
Has anyone switched from the stock BAP double exhaust to aftermarket options? How is compared to the Borla S-Type?
BAP one sure sounds great, but thinking maybe is anything better out there but nothing like Borla Attack.
Thank you.

Ford F-150 BAP Double Exhaust vs. Borla S-Type on 3.5 EB 20230528_195135
Sponsored

9663mu

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Iconic F150
I would imagine the BAP mufflers are same as any model F150 . Maybe the sound might be a tad different just because of the dual set up but i don't think there is much sound difference.

ChemGuy

First Name
Cole
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 XLT Sport 5.0
Occupation
Reactor Operator
Wouldn't recommend any aftermarket exhaust setup for any of the eco's. They're very loud and raspy, like you'd expect out of a V6. My brother took the resonator out of his 3.5 eco and left the stock muffler in place, didn't change it much but gave a little more tone. That's about as far as I'd go unless you're going deep down the mod rabbit hole and aren't concerned with the noise it makes lol.

OP
OP
FJay150

FJay150

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 3.5 EB
BAP stock actually sounds pretty nice. I definitely don't want anything loud. Saw a couple of videos, and people seem to like those S-types. Im entertaining ideas to cut off the resonator.

TexasTruck

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford F-150 STX BAP
Occupation
I fix software bugs!
I’m pretty sure that Borla doesn’t make (yet) a dual exhaust for models that have factory cut out bumpers (Tremor/Rattler/etc). I’ve been researching it myself but for a 5.0. Corsa does and maybe MBRP and Magnaflow do now.

If you do decide to go aftermarket I’ll buy your OEM system :)

Last edited:

Sponsored

vlance

First Name
Lance
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2013 F-150 FX2, waiting on 2022 FX4
Occupation
scenic painter
Wouldn't recommend any aftermarket exhaust setup for any of the eco's. They're very loud and raspy, like you'd expect out of a V6. My brother took the resonator out of his 3.5 eco and left the stock muffler in place, didn't change it much but gave a little more tone. That's about as far as I'd go unless you're going deep down the mod rabbit hole and aren't concerned with the noise it makes lol.
That's how I roll..

SpaceWhiteF150

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
AWE has hands down the best eco exhaust!
Sponsored