Sponsored

Bakflip owners! Does it really leak a lot? Is build quality and aluminum shavings a problem for everyone?

OzzieSr

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21' Lariat Sport 502A

Mr. Zero

First Name
Lou
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 FX4 Platinum
Does it affect the power tailgate closing (if yours has it)?

Sponsored

Mikepa

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 XLT Sport FX4
Occupation
Custom home builder
Same here for metal shavings all over mine when unpacked. Went together on my 5.5' bed fine but not without a couple small mods.

The factory drilled holes for the collars that the latch receiver screws into were too small. Had to redrill all four holes, thus producing more metal shavings.

Unfortunately I was told this tonneau would work with TracRac sliding rack rails. As you can see, not unless I make some kind (??) of mod to either or both products. Now I may have to decide which product I like better.

Ford F-150 Bakflip owners!  Does it really leak a lot?  Is build quality and aluminum shavings a problem for everyone? 05899602-875F-4335-B56B-71F0CF9F00F5

UGADawg96

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 302A 157 PB
I had a MX4 on my 2019 Silverado and probably won't get it again. Did get a good price at $750. But it did take three attempts to get it to work. First they sent new rails, then a new cover, and then I had to take parts from each set to make it work myself due to strap issues. There were metal shavings all over both sets. It did allow water in even with multiple adjustments to the seals by the cab and also by the tailgate when it rained and when washed. I'm not sure what I'm going to do for the F150. I'm leaning towards the rolling hardcover.
I've now narrowed my search to these two options. We have kayaks, bikes, and a travel trailer. Leaning towards the retrax, but it's a bit $$$.

https://bakindustries.com/revolver-x4s

or

https://retrax.com/retraxpro-xr
Sponsored