First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 F150 3.5EB
Occupation
Engineer
The owner at http://www.truckalterations.com (Kyle) offers very good prices on all covers to f150 forum dot com (the other message board) members. Pretty sure he sells all the brands. I'm using them as he was lower than my local vendor and amazon by about $150.

OP
OP
Platinum Peasant

Platinum Peasant

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F150 Platinum 3.0 Powerstroke
Occupation
Neonatal Respiratory Therapist
Looks good, I’m planning on the same model. Did you order directly from Bakflip or is there another source which has better pricing?
I got it on Amazon. Make sure the model number matches what bakflip has listed.

Smitdog

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Limited PowerBoost Smoked Quartz
Occupation
Gainfully Retired
For the fully open position, is the intent to have it rest against the rear glass? Secured in that position with the support struts?

If so, can you also have it open but laying flat on the top rails (allowing clear view then of the rear window)? Meaning there'd still be one panel partially blocking the bed.

Sponsored

Krock7360

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F-150 Platinum
Off topic, im in the same boat as you with the wheels. I can’t decide on chrome fuel contra or the platinum fuel blitz. I dont think black would go well with the chrome and brushed parts. U got any wheel ideas ?

ford2021

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat Sport
Occupation
sales
Looks good, I’m planning on the same model. Did you order directly from Bakflip or is there another source which has better pricing?
I ordered mine through backflip. Bought it way in advance of truck- took then 9-1/2 weeks to get it to me. I'd look elsewhere unless you have time

NBNEWCAR

First Name
Noah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Lariat Sport 3.5EB
Occupation
FINANCE MANAGER
I have the same one on my '21 Lariat Sport . Actually transferred from my old '20. The fit is perfect swap from a 20-21 and the power tailgate still operates without issue. I live in North Dakota and very regularly my cover will ice up due to snow and rain and other garbage that falls from the sky up here. I was surprised to find the power tailgate doesn't just give up when it senses resistance. I have never once had it put itself back down it will just push harder at the top and make sure it clicks shut. Also my previous truck would release the gate and get stuck where this one will also power down and break the ice and make sure to open. Good job Ford!

OP
OP
Platinum Peasant

Platinum Peasant

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
For the fully open position, is the intent to have it rest against the rear glass? Secured in that position with the support struts?

If so, can you also have it open but laying flat on the top rails (allowing clear view then of the rear window)? Meaning there'd still be one panel partially blocking the bed.
From my understanding, it’s yes to both.

OP
OP
Platinum Peasant

Platinum Peasant

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
I have the same one on my '21 Lariat Sport . Actually transferred from my old '20. The fit is perfect swap from a 20-21 and the power tailgate still operates without issue. I live in North Dakota and very regularly my cover will ice up due to snow and rain and other garbage that falls from the sky up here. I was surprised to find the power tailgate doesn't just give up when it senses resistance. I have never once had it put itself back down it will just push harder at the top and make sure it clicks shut. Also my previous truck would release the gate and get stuck where this one will also power down and break the ice and make sure to open. Good job Ford!
I was glad to see this as well!!

Sponsored

OP
OP
Platinum Peasant

Platinum Peasant

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Off topic, im in the same boat as you with the wheels. I can’t decide on chrome fuel contra or the platinum fuel blitz. I dont think black would go well with the chrome and brushed parts. U got any wheel ideas ?
I hate chrome and gloss black. So going with the fuel Blitz with the machine tint was the easy choice for me.

Codge24

First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Plarinum, 2019 CRV 2021 & toys galore
Our company puts the Bakflip F1 on all our f-250's and the pivot points unseat on a regular basis, anyone else run into this? It's a pain in the but to re seat them in the cold
Ford F-150 BakFlip MX4 Tonneau Cover installed on 2021 F-150 Platinum 20210122_153534

szeitler544

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F150 Lariat Powerboost
Occupation
Accountant
From my understanding, it’s yes to both.
Nice review! I have 21 lariat powerboost sport shortbed on order and am looking at either the Mx4 with the Bakbox 2 or the Truxedo Sentry CT with the Truxedo tonneaumate toolbox combination for the bed! Hard tri fold versus hard roll up... too many good cover choices out there!

pushrods

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 XLT PB Sport
Occupation
Retired IBM field engineer
I have had one of these on my 2016 XLT 6.5 bed over 4 years now. It has held up very well and looks as good as the day I put it on. Going to a new F150 soon with 5.5 bed and will have to go to a 3 panel instead of a 4 panel, but I am sold on its usefulness and quality.

GABAR

First Name
P
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 F150
Check out TonneauCovers.com

Also, take a look at the BakFlip F1.
Sponsored