Sponsored

BAK Revolver MX4 vs. Undercover Ultra Flex tonneau cover - Your thoughts?

Platimatter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Platinum 701
Hi All - Getting the truck Linex'd this week and need a cover. My buddy swears by the revolver he has on his Raptor. Thought that was the way I would go until I started shopping these and talking to dealers. Now am leaning toward the Undercover Ultra Flex. Would love to hear which you would pick and why. Here are some pros and cons that I perceive with both:

Revolver
Pros - 1) rolls up close to the bed maximizing bed space - 2) can see out the back window when rolled up / Cons - 1) Cannot be easily removed - 2) does not seem to drain as well - 3) to me it does not look as good when covering bed

Undercover
Pros - 1) seems to also get close to the end of the bed when all three sections folded - 2) can remove without tools - 3) looks better - leaning toward ultra vs armor, not sure the linex look on top of the cover looks as good as the matt, especially for my truck / Cons - 1) blocks the rear-view out the back window and probably most if not all the 3rd light if you are in a car behind 2) not sure I'm totally confident in going at highway speeds with just the struts engaged

Again any thoughts would be greatly appreciated. Want to make sure I'm considering all
Sponsored

Daily22ssv

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 F150 powerbost
Occupation
Tech
Hi All - Getting the truck Linex'd this week and need a cover. My buddy swears by the revolver he has on his Raptor. Thought that was the way I would go until I started shopping these and talking to dealers. Now am leaning toward the Undercover Ultra Flex. Would love to hear which you would pick and why. Here are some pros and cons that I perceive with both:

Revolver
Pros - 1) rolls up close to the bed maximizing bed space - 2) can see out the back window when rolled up / Cons - 1) Cannot be easily removed - 2) does not seem to drain as well - 3) to me it does not look as good when covering bed

Undercover
Pros - 1) seems to also get close to the end of the bed when all three sections folded - 2) can remove without tools - 3) looks better - leaning toward ultra vs armor, not sure the linex look on top of the cover looks as good as the matt, especially for my truck / Cons - 1) blocks the rear-view out the back window and probably most if not all the 3rd light if you are in a car behind 2) not sure I'm totally confident in going at highway speeds with just the struts engaged

Again any thoughts would be greatly appreciated. Want to make sure I'm considering all
I went from a bakflip to undercover. Undercover is better quality no drian issues also opens and closes better. Either way both good options.

OP
OP
Platimatter

Platimatter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Platinum 701
I went from a bakflip to undercover. Undercover is better quality no drian issues also opens and closes better. Either way both good options.
Thanks Daily - that's the direction I'm leaning unless someone points something out I'm not considering. Especially like the fact that it is removable without tools and to your point understand they are less prone to leak.

asubpargamer

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Camry, Highlander, Tundra, Awaiting F150
Occupation
Electronic Technician
One more vote for the undercover. Only basing my opinion on hours of looking at reviews and other opinions, however, and no hands on experience. I just bought the undercover armor version, arriving this week.

OP
OP
Platimatter

Platimatter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Platinum 701
Congrats, that's a nice cover. Think I'm going with the Ultra Flex which might look better on my truck than the linex coated one.

Sponsored

Daily22ssv

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 F150 powerbost
Occupation
Tech
Thanks Daily - that's the direction I'm leaning unless someone points something out I'm not considering. Especially like the fact that it is removable without tools and to your point understand they are less prone to leak.
I believe bakflip and undercover are hand turn fastners one on each side. A few months ago I had to remove bakflip for hauling a full size refrigerator. It's not hard to remove at all. I was told the undercover is easier but haven't tried yet.

OP
OP
Platimatter

Platimatter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Platinum 701
Yup in place of bolts it has these knob looking things on the Undercover. Dealer was saying no tools necessary to get it out per your point.

gspete

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
I personally have the MX4 and I have been very satisfied with it. Very Functional and versatile.

OP
OP
Platimatter

Platimatter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Platinum 701
Went with the Undercover Ultra Flex, the one with the carpet and matte finish. Was not a fan of the carpet either and it was a toss up between the armor and this one. Liked the way the finish looked vs. the linex but the linex seemed much more handy to have. Pretty happy with it, had our first big rainstorm and it did not leak.

Sponsored

kmayer

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
99 F250
Occupation
Web Design Agency
Went with the Undercover Ultra Flex, the one with the carpet and matte finish. Was not a fan of the carpet either and it was a toss up between the armor and this one. Liked the way the finish looked vs. the linex but the linex seemed much more handy to have. Pretty happy with it, had our first big rainstorm and it did not leak.
I’m leaning this way too. Would love to see a picture of yours.

OP
OP
Platimatter

Platimatter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Platinum 701
I’m leaning this way too. Would love to see a picture of yours.
Here you go kmayer.......First pic is of the LED light they have mounted to the left rail. Guess it comes with this model cover.
Ford F-150 BAK Revolver MX4 vs. Undercover Ultra Flex tonneau cover - Your thoughts? TC light

Ford F-150 BAK Revolver MX4 vs. Undercover Ultra Flex tonneau cover - Your thoughts? TC1
Ford F-150 BAK Revolver MX4 vs. Undercover Ultra Flex tonneau cover - Your thoughts? TC2

kmayer

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
99 F250
Occupation
Web Design Agency
Thanks so much. Looks nice. I will have the factory spray in line and a bed rug mat, and I think this will blend nicely with both.

OP
OP
Platimatter

Platimatter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Platinum 701
No problem - The bedrug should look good. I just put a DeeZee mat over the linex since wife and I move a bunch of furniture and want to keep the scratches on the cargo to a minimum. Also nice to have a layer over the linex to any water that collects will be in the gap between the matt and the coating. Have to say though have been through a few storms and have not had much of any leakage.
Sponsored