First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 F150 3.5EB
Occupation
Engineer
I'll bet you could solve this with a quick application of RainX. I use it on my windshields prior to the winter (which reminds me, it's time to apply it) and it makes a huge difference keeping them clear in the winter. Even more so on my wife's Jeep since the windshield is more vertical.
I have tried RainX for glass and also for plastic windshields, neither worked. (you aren't supposed to use the glass one on plastic but I tried anyway then cleaned it after it didn't work)
Sponsored

notabot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Yes
Just put a couple of coats of paste wax on the entire assembly. Will report back next rain or carwash...

SteveJ2477

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F-150 XL STX
Rain x wipes may do the trick. Helped on my relocated back up camera which is now on the top of my shell. I also use Rain X all season wiper fluid. This helps tremendously in the PNW.

Geo

First Name
Geo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150, 4x4, Lariat 501A pk. 5.0 V-8, Max Tow.
Got this idea from another f-150 site. It shows adding a spray washer nozzle [on the right], I also added a air nozzle [on the left]. I use the air in my rear air bags. It helps but the camera sits so high it is hard too reach the back side. Still fine tuning it.

Ford F-150 Backup Camera in rainy conditions IMG_0292.JPG
Sponsored

Last edited: