First Name
Derrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 f150 xlt 302 high 3.5 eco
Occupation
Tile Setter
I have a '21 XLT with and the 12" screen and I also feel the quality of the camera is average at best. The perspective seems off and if it's raining forget it, it looks like your underwater as water just sits on the outer lens. Maybe will try some RainX?
I agree the camera has a lag and its awful. The top view camera is also a huge distraction. I had a 2017 lariat before and the camera was stellar on it. This camera is fair at best
Sponsored

JohngaltinOC

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 lariat EB
Occupation
Finance
I agree the camera has a lag and its awful. The top view camera is also a huge distraction. I had a 2017 lariat before and the camera was stellar on it. This camera is fair at best
I wonder if we can buy a 2017 lariat camera and solve our problem?

F150 Voodoo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Paint Horse
I have a 21 Lariat and the backup image is pathetic. Very low rez looking and surprising how bad it is. It's useable but, man I expect it to be much better.

OP
OP

pigpen23

First Name
Casey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
Dealership replaced mine and it isn't any better than the one they replaced lol what a joke.

Sponsored

Carphunter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Stone Gray SCAB XLT 2.7 4x4
i can't comment on the quality...nothing good to compare it to. but, would be concerned that if you have the 360 cams... changing the rear might screw up its ability to build the composite images correctly

OP
OP

pigpen23

First Name
Casey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
Now my camera intermittently quits working and says to contact the dealer. Trucks going back in Tuesday. Going to have them compare the quality to another comparable truck on the lot as well.

Merccat

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Space White Lariat SCAB 5.0 4x2
I thought the warning system operated off the radar sensors? But yeah I guess non copilot trucks would need a way as well… maybe the radar is only used for bliss operations.

JimTele

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
I have a new 2021 XLT and my backup camera is pathetic and barely usable. The dealer states it’s within specifications. If anyone here has suggestions on how to proceed it would be much appreciated.

Carphunter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Stone Gray SCAB XLT 2.7 4x4
not backup cam... but front. I drove home last week at dusk from somewhere on a humid evening. my dash said the front cam was blocked and said the pre-collision stuff wouldn't work (or whatever that system is called). Figuring i had a bug on the lens, i got out and wiped a wet thumb over the cam... it was already clear. sort of wondering what might be going on there. wondering if humidity can get inside. also... when you clear errors on the dash with the ok button...but haven't really gotten rid of the problem (say a door ajar), i haven't seen how you can see that the problem is still in that state.... liek a remaining idiot light showing what's wrong.
Sponsored