Sponsored

B Pillar Scratches and Swirls - how to fix?

JBdoingJBstuff

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Raptor, 2020 GT350R, 2016 Porsche GT4
Have an appointment for buff/polish and PPF placement. $150 was the quote. Seems worth it. Ive seen pics of prior jobs and they look great. Mine camed already swirled to hell from the factory.

JBMCEQY

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 F-150 XLT 5.0
I have the ocdplug pillar ppf on my F150 and really like them. I had an issue with the Lariat key pad cut out and they sent me a new set super quick. I got the screen ProTech for my wife’s Edge and had to polish the pillars cause that film is clear.
I found this thread and ended up ordering pillar protectors and a screen protector from the OCDPlug. And based on my experience I really wouldn't recommend dealing with this company. The screen protector arrived with a big gouge in it (kinda ironic that a place calling themselves "The OCD Plug" don't do any QC on what they ship out), and the pillar protector didn't fit around my 2023 keypad. I emailed them about the problems, and though they were quick to respond, it took an entire week before they shipped out replacements.

In addition to that, I think it's a bit insulting that they ship a tiny useless spray bottle with the kit (to save on shipping, according to their instructions). But when they're charging $80 for some custom-cut vinyl I know that their margins are big enough that they could at least ship spray bottle large enough to be useful.

EDIT: I think I woke up a bit cranky, this was too harsh. The product does seem high quality, and they do replace problematic pieces (though in my case not as quickly as I was hoping), so overall it's hard to complain too much, you probably wouldn't go wrong ordering from TheOCDPlug. But I still don't like the tiny spray bottle.

Last edited:

JediNut

First Name
Emmett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Ford F-150 Lariat PowerBoost
Occupation
Old Time Geek