Sponsored

B&O Unleashed Upgrade DIY Thread (Sub & Amplification)

Twilly 3.0

First Name
Trevor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 3.0L Powerstroke, 2021 Edge SEL
So I know the B&O Unleashed system has been a bit of a let down for most and it was for me after a bit as well but I have found it is only as good as the source it is getting the media from. Recently I increased the sound quality on my Spotify account to High and it has improved the sound to what I would think a "decent factory stereo" should sound like.
Now I am not an audio nut like I used to be but I am more particular than most and this may be enough for most people to enjoy the factory setup and obviously for others they expect more from a premium audio provider but give it a shot first and see, maybe this is all a placebo effect.
Sponsored

Cltgt

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘21 F150 Lariat 502A 4x4 Powerboost
Occupation
I.T. Director
This thread is awesome! I noticed you are in Orlando. I am as well and would love to see this in person. I too want to keep all of the speakers for spatial/360 audio some services offer.

OP
OP
dwasill

dwasill

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 701A
This thread is awesome! I noticed you are in Orlando. I am as well and would love to see this in person. I too want to keep all of the speakers for spatial/360 audio some services offer.
I'm out West of Orlando (Clermont/Groveland) but would be happy to demo the system. Feel free to DM.

Cltgt

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘21 F150 Lariat 502A 4x4 Powerboost
Occupation
I.T. Director
Sweet! I am right down the road in Apopka! Not far at all...

jorligan

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Platinum Paxpower conversion
I see that you no longer use the center channel. Any issues or do you get enough center fill with just the left and right.

Sponsored

OP
OP
dwasill

dwasill

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 701A
The mids in the dash corners put out a fair amount of volume. If I had a channel to spare off of the DAC and a little more amp room I would have included it as well.

Lobostang77

First Name
Mando
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Platinum
Adding the mObridge DSP also allowed me to reallocate my amplifier channels more effectively routing the higher-power channels to the speakers that could use it and better-balancing the system.

Unleashed Re-amp DSP (Large).jpg
hello. I got the 3 amps. Besides the mObridge, what else do I need as far as harnesses with your set up? I bought the PAC APH-FD02 as well.

OP
OP
dwasill

dwasill

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 701A
hello. I got the 3 amps. Besides the mObridge, what else do I need as far as harnesses with your set up? I bought the PAC APH-FD02 as well.
The PAC harness lets you tap into the speaker connections at the amp, you also need a harness from Sounds Good Stereo which you run up to the back of the head unit that taps into the front A-pillar tweeters and the rear doors. Note for the Unleashed system the pinout on the PAC harness is wrong, I believe the mObridge instructions also used to have the 8-speaker system wiring which is different I'm pretty sure I posted the wiring table above.

Lobostang77

First Name
Mando
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Platinum
The PAC harness lets you tap into the speaker connections at the amp, you also need a harness from Sounds Good Stereo which you run up to the back of the head unit that taps into the front A-pillar tweeters and the rear doors. Note for the Unleashed system the pinout on the PAC harness is wrong, I believe the mObridge instructions also used to have the 8-speaker system wiring which is different I'm pretty sure I posted the wiring table above.
Ok, the pac harness, the Sounds Good harness, and the MoBridge. Do I need an optical to rca cable as the toslink adapter?

Lobostang77

First Name
Mando
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Platinum
no, you would use the RCA plug that comes out of the Mobridge device to connect to your new amp(s). The tosslink from the mobridge is only used for amps that have a tosslink input. Once you buy the devices it will make more sense with instructions.
I want to use 12 channels like the fellow up there. 8 rca’s harness, two other rca’s, and the optical output for the subs.

Sponsored

OP
OP
dwasill

dwasill

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 701A

Lobostang77

First Name
Mando
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Platinum
Ignore the last response... YES you also need a TOSLINK adapter if you want to use all 12 channels out of the mObridge. I used this one which worked great: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B08L9M4PK5
Thanks, I appreciate it. I just ordered the sounds good T harness. Then I just need the MoBridge. I’m trying to set up my installer for success.

aaexpert

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 f150 platinum
Thanks, I appreciate it. I just ordered the sounds good T harness. Then I just need the MoBridge. I’m trying to set up my installer for success.
just an fyi, depending on which mobridge device you get, using their Standard unit(and use D series 6ch.amp as those AC amps already have DSP built in them)....dont use an 'adapter' from tosslink to rca and instead go straight Rca output from the D6.1200 passthru directly to the Lc1.800 and then add a subwoofer controller to the Lc1.800 which will give you full control of the sub channels volume...or 'ignore' my input, im just a Mobridge+Audiocontrol dealer installing for 30yrs...so what do i know :confused:

OP
OP
dwasill

dwasill

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 701A
just an fyi, depending on which mobridge device you get, using their Standard unit(and use D series 6ch.amp as those AC amps already have DSP built in them)....dont use an 'adapter' from tosslink to rca and instead go straight Rca output from the D6.1200 passthru directly to the Lc1.800 and then add a subwoofer controller to the Lc1.800 which will give you full control of the sub channels volume...or 'ignore' my input, im just a Mobridge+Audiocontrol dealer installing for 30yrs...so what do i know :confused:
I can see how that gets you DSP for 6 channels, maybe 7 if you count the sub amp but we're controlling 12 channels to pickup the headrests and overhead. I run 12-ch of DSP out of the mObridge Pro through 11 channels of amplification, I'd be interested to hear how a D6.1200 is capturing all of that? My guess is you do front stage and rear door upgrades with a sub and throw away the use of 7 of the Unleashed OEM speaker locations?

RyanStroeder

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Powerboost - Leadfoot
I can see how that gets you DSP for 6 channels, maybe 7 if you count the sub amp but we're controlling 12 channels to pickup the headrests and overhead. I run 12-ch of DSP out of the mObridge Pro through 11 channels of amplification, I'd be interested to hear how a D6.1200 is capturing all of that? My guess is you do front stage and rear door upgrades with a sub and throw away the use of 7 of the Unleashed OEM speaker locations?
dude this is awesome - you killed it
Sponsored