B & O UNLEASHED, but what?

K-Rob3

First Name
K-Rob3
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat 502a Fx4
What is the ‘lossless’ Apple music you speak of?
Music is compressed and some data is lost in the process. Apple has their own "lossless audio compression" technology that is supposedly better than most other forms of compressed audio files. So if you buy or stream music from Apple Music, the sound quality should be better.

powerboatr

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 King Ranch 4x4
Occupation
Retired Navy Senior Chief
well i am deaf as a stump in my left ear
but i can say its much better than what i had in the sony system in expedition and the super duty
my wifes 2012 edge has surround and its pretty darn good
our radio stations here are fuzzing at times and TINNNY . where as using a usb or pandora the sound is great for me, especially the head rests speakers
if i wear the hearing aid its loud,
i like the who, ac dc and pretty much everything from 60s to mostly current stuff except hippie hop/rap
2 live crew early stuff sounds good as well, ohhhh me so ...... me love you long time
i digress a bit
doobie brothers sound 70s so not much hi fidelity i guess

Ranger621

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lariat 4x4
New F150, Powerboost, Lariat 502A, FX4, supercrew, ordered the BO Unleashed, and I am trying to figure out what it's unleashing, because it's not high quality sound. It's pathetic. I am a former sound engineer and my previous Ford was a 17' Super Duty Platinum with the Sony system and it rocked, had a separate sub gain setting and I believe a more adjustable EQ. This thing blows, sure it's got 18 speakers, but lacks so much in sound. There is no kick bass and no way to adjust for it. I now wonder if the BO that comes with the 502A package was probably as good or better than this $695 option.
Any input from those with this garbage?

Can FORSCAN change anything?

Do you thing Ford can do software updates to help this poor ailing sound system out?
Kicker has an replacement sub for the stock sub. supposed to be plug and play but te dealer has to program something to make it work. I think you can order it through Ford parts for $700.00 don't know of anyone who pulled the plug on this or if it really makes any difference. I too have the unleashed in my 2022 lariat 502A truck, not impressed at all. I did find the higher end audio sources signals make a difference over OTA radio.

First Name
M
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
I consider myself an audiophile. I have had my PowerBoost for 6 weeks now and I currently own in-home B&O speakers as well as various Kef speakers and other high end stereo system components. I am also the GSM at a BMW dealership for the past 17 years and have had extensive listening experience with B&O, B&W, Mark Levinson and many other high-end sound systems. Most of these systems cost $3500, not $700. So I approached the Ford system with suspicion, and rightfully so.

The B&O Unleashed in my $80k truck is a solid step or two below anything I have or have experienced. This is not because the speakers or amplifier are not up to to the task, but the pre-amp section seems to suck.

I was so bummed when I turned on the satellite for the first time and heard the lackluster sound.And that feeling continued even after I hooked up my iPhone and steamed music directly, or through CarPlay.

I too spent hours adjusting and playing with various setups only to come to the same conclusion as others in this thread: 1. Boost treble and bass, leave midrange centered. 2. Turn on Surround mode 3. Slide fader back to just behind front seats 4. Most importantly USE HIGH QUALITY INPUTS LIKE TIDAL. Garbage in-Garbage out.

it is now more than bearable, it is enjoyable.

I still think (and hope) a software solution could make it sound better. Heck, a graphic equalizer would take a huge step towards allowing less than stellar sources to be palatable.

Here’s hoping that happens soon.
thank you - ordered this upgrade and saved this post for pickup

Sponsored

F150Platinum22

First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150
thank you - ordered this upgrade and saved this post for pickup
Thanks for the info, just curious, every time I move the fader from front to a little further back, it retreats back to default location the next time I'm in the truck, am I missing some way to save the setting, or is that normal.
Thanks in advance

SonnyDigs

First Name
Sonny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 King Ranch
I've never noticed mine defaulting from my settings.
If it is I'll come back and post it.
If no change, no update post.

JIMFOUNTAIN

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 SCREW PB 6.5' 701A
Thanks for the info, just curious, every time I move the fader from front to a little further back, it retreats back to default location the next time I'm in the truck, am I missing some way to save the setting, or is that normal.
Thanks in advance
Sound settings, radio presets, seat, mirrors, pedals, steering wheel, etc. are all remembered in profiles. Are you using more than 1 FOB? Have your FOBs tied to profiles?

The behavior you are seeing can be caused by profiles not setup or intermingling FOB usage.

F150Platinum22

First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150
Sound settings, radio presets, seat, mirrors, pedals, steering wheel, etc. are all remembered in profiles. Are you using more than 1 FOB? Have your FOBs tied to profiles?

The behavior you are seeing can be caused by profiles not setup or intermingling FOB usage.
Thanks for the quick reply, I am only using one FOB, and I don't believe I have set up a profile, other than door button seat controls. I may have to do that this evening.
Thanks

F150Platinum22

First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150
Thanks for the quick reply, I am only using one FOB, and I don't believe I have set up a profile, other than door button seat controls. I may have to do that this evening.
Thanks

I set up my profile last night, seems to have fixed the problem, Thanks again.
Sponsored