Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat Powerboost Hybrid
Occupation
IT Director
yup i have a 32 gb usb stick with all my music
i down loaded my cd s to my computer then transferred those files to a 32 gb usb stick to use in truck

i bet a usb power cd palyer would also work
there are users on another thread have reported success with this USB CD player:

External Car CD Player Machine USB Vehicle CD Player, External USB CD Player for Car Android Navigation-Plug and Play(Android Version 4.4 and Above) https://a.co/d/cxfvR6s

I’ll personally continue to use the 200GB of Apple Music Hi Res lossless(over hardwired CarPlay) I have on my phone. I have mostly the same library on a 64gb flash drive from ripping my CDs and the Apple Music library is far superior.
Sponsored

Eskram

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lariat PB 502a
The B&O system in my 2020 Ranger was better than the 8-speaker version i have in the F150..

I just assumed it would be good enough, but it’s definitely not when I feel like jamming out to some Britney.. 😔

Davexxxx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 PB 501a 4x4 short bed 7.2KW. PL=1658lbs.
i have an old cassette tape radio thingy ...and boxes of metal tapes from the 80s :love: 🤗
now that record players are coming back, its easy to transfer records to computer.
nothing beats the sound coming off a record imo
depth and clarity is fantastic imo for old ears
Turntables went out of style? Huh, musta missed it :)

We have hundreds of pounds of albums and several lrg. boxes of cassettes.

For a time, we had a high end stereo VCR and at that time, that was the highest quality audio tape. Even better than reel to reel. I made several 4 hr. tapes.

As for CDs vs vinyl, good gear, kept clean is fine but for convenience and sound quality, CDs are hard to beat. They aren't as indestructible as we were told when they first came out but they'll take mishandling better than vinyl.

Last edited:

powerboatr

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 King Ranch 4x4
Occupation
Retired Navy Senior Chief
there are users on another thread have reported success with this USB CD player:

External Car CD Player Machine USB Vehicle CD Player, External USB CD Player for Car Android Navigation-Plug and Play(Android Version 4.4 and Above) https://a.co/d/cxfvR6s

I’ll personally continue to use the 200GB of Apple Music Hi Res lossless(over hardwired CarPlay) I have on my phone. I have mostly the same library on a 64gb flash drive from ripping my CDs and the Apple Music library is far superior.
i have done that as well, loaded music to my phone and played it .
works well agreed

powerboatr

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 King Ranch 4x4
Occupation
Retired Navy Senior Chief
Turntables went out of style? Huh, musta missed it :)

We have hundreds of pounds of albums and several lrg. boxes of cassettes.

For a time, we a high end stereo VCR and at that time, that was the highest quality audio tape. Even better than reel to reel. I made several 4 hr. tapes.

As for CDs vs vinyl, good gear, kept clean is fine but for convenience and sound quality, CDs are hard to beat. They aren't as indestructible as we were told when they first came out but they'll take mishandling better than vinyl.
yup i have flown frisbee a cd a few times

Sponsored

azdub1

First Name
Andrea
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F-150 Platinum 5.0L
Occupation
lodging quality / operations
Of all the OEMs to install B&O speakers (Aston Martin, Bentley, Lamborghini, etc.), Unleashed is literally the worst. “Surround” is nothing like a true surround system and when set to stereo, it’s anything but. The center speaker, the one most in one’s face, simply drowns out every speaker in a cabin where absolutely no dynamics can be found.

Ford, if you’re listening, how about instead of designing an interior to accommodate 18 mediocre (at best) speakers, just install good quality three-ways upfront, two-ways in the back, and a solid, tight, mud-free subwoofer? It would really prevent us tearing apart our new interiors to throwaway what we just paid for.

End of rant.
I have a question for those who have unleashed. I noticed the front door speakers are extremely muffled but the rear door speakers were not. Music overall is not muffled, just the front door speakers when you put your ear down to them. Is that how it sounds for y'all? Thanks!

Snakebitten

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 KingRanch Powerboost
The front door speakers in the Unleashed system is mid bass only, if I'm not mistaken. So it isn't going to be nearly the same mission or content as the rear door speakers that will include a much wider frequency range?

Kanuck

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 XLT Scab 3.5 EB 6.5
Occupation
Retired Electrician
FYI - Someone posted the B&O Unleashed demo music, which I noticed that all the music on the demo is in wave format. 12 wave files using 525 meg of storage.

rugedraw

First Name
Javier
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F150 Platinum FX4 EcoBoost
Occupation
Auto Sales
I have a question for those who have unleashed. I noticed the front door speakers are extremely muffled but the rear door speakers were not. Music overall is not muffled, just the front door speakers when you put your ear down to them. Is that how it sounds for y'all? Thanks!
Rear door speakers are a two-way set up that have tweeters built into them. Ford counts those particular speakers as 2 speakers in the 18 speaker total count. The front door speaker is a one-way speaker with the tweeter separated and placed in the a-pillar above the dash.

Sponsored

RocketFistMooga

First Name
Clay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lariat Sport Powerboost.
For what it's worth I Dynamat'ted all 4 doors and I'm telling you THAT makes a world of difference.
Like night and day.
It's a pain and not a way you want to spend a Saturday, but my word... When you hear the diff, you will wonder why you didn't do it sooner.
I do agree center dash speaker is dominant but I faded to back a little and over to passenger.
Really a huge difference
Could you point me to an explanation of this process? What is it and what does it entail?

SCTYDOG

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2010 Escape Hybrid, 2015 CMax Hybrid, 2003 T-Bird
Occupation
Computer Forensic Examiner
I for one am very pleased with my Unleashed. I have hearing loss and wear hearing aids at 48. I can actually understand the lyrics and don't have to Google for words that I miss. Besides, while driving you ain't actively listening.

Ford4Ever

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
18 Taurus SEL AWD, 21 F150 Lariat 502a
I’ve been watching this discussion since it started and decided it was time to offer my .02 cents. First off this is a Ford stereo system, as pointed out before they are not known as a high-end manufacturer. Yes I have had better, the Sony in my 2013 Platinum and the Sony in my wife’s 2017 Focus hatch would blow it away. Especially the Focus with 12 speakers in such a small cabin. Next point is, source material matters. Fewer bits (data) equal loss. If your data is subpar then your experience will be subpar. When I paid an extra $650 for The Unleashed when I ordered my truck, I never deluded myself thinking would get the equivalent of an aftermarket B&O $2000 car setup. I knew that It was OEM and would be better than the other offerings from Ford and I am in no way disappointed with my choice. -Rant Off- sorry it is so long

JJSnell

First Name
JJSnell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Platinum FX4 PB
Occupation
Owner, IT Consulting\MSP company.
Could you point me to an explanation of this process? What is it and what does it entail?
Hey Rocket, its a heavy duty "Tar Paper" kinda that you adhere to the inside of the door or in many cases the floor of a car. Its used as a sound deadener for raod and engine noise, but in this case, because our doors are so thin the "box" the speaker utilizes is not ideal for the speaker. Putting the Dynamat in the door helps create a better "box" for the speaker.

(Attached is a stock photo.)

Ford F-150 B&O Unleashed… the Worst of OEM Offerings 2023-04-25 08_57_26-Dynamat XFO M1 F Dynamat Xtreme Custom Cut Kits _ Summit Racing and 8 more

HammaMan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 302a PB, Mach E GTPE
Hey Rocket, its a heavy duty "Tar Paper" kinda that you adhere to the inside of the door or in many cases the floor of a car. Its used as a sound deadener for raod and engine noise, but in this case, because our doors are so thin the "box" the speaker utilizes is not ideal for the speaker. Putting the Dynamat in the door helps create a better "box" for the speaker.

(Attached is a stock photo
Butyl rubber, but close. It turns vibrations into heat and drastically changes the resonant frequency of whatever it's adhered to, particularly thinner metals. Turning 'tinks' into solid 'thunks'
Sponsored