Sponsored

B&O Subwoofer upgrade. What are my options?

Graygoose2021

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
Occupation
Sales
No, on the road traveling for work.
I'm planning an entire audio build soon. Just need a few pieces to finish gathering parts.
Sponsored

AAWhyte

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat 5.0
Occupation
PM
Have you installed it? If so, what do you think? I think it sounds alright, but not great and I think it’s only because I don’t have enough control over it. I am replacing the rest of the speakers and installing an amp with DSP in the next couple of weeks.
Iceman, what amp did you use? Can you tell me what sub came in the box? The make and the size? I am looking at this one:

https://soundsgoodstereo.com/produc...g-play-system-upgrade-b-o-including-unleashed

I sent them a message from their website about the sub make and size, but they sent me a link for the answer and it sent me to some other website called shopify to login? Not sure what happened there.

Iceman, what size amp did you add to yours? Wondering if the one with the amp is worth $1500, I would hate to purchase and then have just a mediocre upgrade in the bass. All I need is more bass and I think the system would sound great, but it's just soooo lacking in bass. I have the unleashed.

Anyone near Pensacola / Panama City area install one of these? I'll drive to hear it if someone has one.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Beef_Stew

Beef_Stew

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 XLT sport CCSB 5.0
Occupation
Auto Body Tech

SoundsGoodStereo

Gold Sponsor
First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Website
soundsgoodstereo.com
Vehicles
F-150
@SoundsGoodStereo is that a B&O module mounted on the board also? Just wondering if that’s something I’ll have to do with the 8 speaker b&o on my 2022
It's the factory amplifier. On our amplifier racks, we recommend mounting it on the back/rear of the amplifier rack. But if you have room on the front, that will work also.

OP
OP
Beef_Stew

Beef_Stew

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Auto Body Tech
It's the factory amplifier. On our amplifier racks, we recommend mounting it on the back/rear of the amplifier rack. But if you have room on the front, that will work also.
Is the factory amp still needed with this kit then? Or is it used in addition to the one supplied?

Ford F-150 B&O Subwoofer upgrade. What are my options? 46C55C64-80C4-4D2A-B3C3-018A9DB29D20

Last edited:

Sponsored

SoundsGoodStereo

Gold Sponsor
First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Website
soundsgoodstereo.com
Vehicles
F-150
Iceman, what amp did you use? Can you tell me what sub came in the box? The make and the size? I am looking at this one:

https://soundsgoodstereo.com/produc...g-play-system-upgrade-b-o-including-unleashed

I sent them a message from their website about the sub make and size, but they sent me a link for the answer and it sent me to some other website called shopify to login? Not sure what happened there.

Iceman, what size amp did you add to yours? Wondering if the one with the amp is worth $1500, I would hate to purchase and then have just a mediocre upgrade in the bass. All I need is more bass and I think the system would sound great, but it's just soooo lacking in bass. I have the unleashed.

Anyone near Pensacola / Panama City area install one of these? I'll drive to hear it if someone has one.
Is the factory amp still needed with this kit then? Or is it used in addition to the one supplied?

46C55C64-80C4-4D2A-B3C3-018A9DB29D20.jpeg
You use your factory amplifier and mount it to our board/rack.

OP
OP
Beef_Stew

Beef_Stew

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Auto Body Tech
OP
OP
Beef_Stew

Beef_Stew

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Auto Body Tech
^ Yes.
The kicker Amp is ONLY for the subwoofer
Ah I see! And the factory amp stays connected to run the factory door speakers and such?

SoundsGoodStereo

Gold Sponsor
First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Website
soundsgoodstereo.com
Vehicles
F-150

Sponsored

m_bt54

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat Powerboost Hybrid
Occupation
IT Director
Impatiently waiting for mine to show up! Hopefully I can figure out how to get it installed

OP
OP
Beef_Stew

Beef_Stew

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Auto Body Tech
Impatiently waiting for mine to show up! Hopefully I can figure out how to get it installed
Be sure to show us once it shows up!

AAWhyte

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat 5.0
Occupation
PM
After asking Don several questions at SG I ordered mine from them as well. Hoping it's not really 8-12 weeks for delivery, haha.

Bryan, how long have you been waiting? Look at their website under installation videos, they show another system being installed, it should answer most if not all of your questions on installing one of their systems.

Last edited:

m_bt54

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat Powerboost Hybrid
Occupation
IT Director
Only 2 weeks now. I believe it said 8-10 weeks when I ordered (or something close to that).

I have watched some of the videos, and there is a good thread on someone else’s install on the other F150 forum so hopefully it won’t be too bad
Sponsored