Sponsored

B&O Subwoofer upgrade. What are my options?

OP
OP
Beef_Stew

Beef_Stew

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 XLT sport CCSB 5.0
Occupation
Auto Body Tech
I know we collected many tax refunds this year based on our sales last month :) Current lead time is 8-12 Weeks
Awesome… Last question, it comes with some detailed instructions also I take it?
Sponsored

SoundsGoodStereo

Gold Sponsor
First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Website
soundsgoodstereo.com
Vehicles
F-150
Awesome… Last question, it comes with some detailed instructions also I take it?
No, but it comes with 100% focus and support from our team. Maybe by the time your package ships, we can have a video up but if not, we are here for you.

OP
OP
Beef_Stew

Beef_Stew

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Auto Body Tech
No, but it comes with 100% focus and support from our team. Maybe by the time your package ships, we can have a video up but if not, we are here for you.
Nice! Thanks for taking the time to answer my questions. I appreciate it as I’m new to the car audio world. The subs turns off automatically just like factory also?

SoundsGoodStereo

Gold Sponsor
First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Website
soundsgoodstereo.com
Vehicles
F-150
Nice! Thanks for taking the time to answer my questions. I appreciate it as I’m new to the car audio world. The subs turns off automatically just like factory also?
No, we are taking a different approach to prevent this with our packages. It will not pull back the bass after you hit 14 on the volume like the factory, it will keep going up in a linear form like the factory interior speakers.

On most music, 22 is your "distortion" point. Lower-quality streaming sources like Pandora, Spotify, etc you will end up going to around 25 for max volume. Older songs like Pink Floyd, on Spotify, you could probably peg the volume and be ok by the way it's recorded. The bass/subwoofer will continue to stay with the factory speakers in volume.

OP
OP
Beef_Stew

Beef_Stew

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Auto Body Tech
No, we are taking a different approach to prevent this with our packages. It will not pull back the bass after you hit 14 on the volume like the factory, it will keep going up in a linear form like the factory interior speakers.

On most music, 22 is your "distortion" point. Lower-quality streaming sources like Pandora, Spotify, etc you will end up going to around 25 for max volume. Older songs like Pink Floyd, on Spotify, you could probably peg the volume and be ok by the way it's recorded. The bass/subwoofer will continue to stay with the factory speakers in volume.
That’s great to know! I was more of less just asking that the sub will shut off when the key is off and won’t have any battery drain issues haha🤣

Sponsored

SoundsGoodStereo

Gold Sponsor
First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Website
soundsgoodstereo.com
Vehicles
F-150
That’s great to know! I was more of less just asking that the sub will shut off when the key is off and won’t have any battery drain issues haha🤣
lol, no worries on that part :)

JScaro

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F150 Lariat 501.5A
Occupation
Beer Drinker
Hey all, 22 302a With the 8 speaker B&O system. As many others have claimed, there’s a major lack of base with this stock subwoofer. I’m looking for suggestions on what the most simple upgrade would be, just to get some more bass. Not looking for an entire system replacement. Thanks!
Guys @SoundsGoodStereo are the best in the business and you can't go wrong with the system.

Ford F-150 B&O Subwoofer upgrade. What are my options? IMG_4692.JPG

Sponsored

OP
OP
Beef_Stew

Beef_Stew

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Auto Body Tech
You're Welcome
There’s no additional programming needed for it to function with the stock radio, correct? Just wire, plug together using the B&O harness, and good to go?

SoundsGoodStereo

Gold Sponsor
First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Website
soundsgoodstereo.com
Vehicles
F-150
There’s no additional programming needed for it to function with the stock radio, correct? Just wire, plug together using the B&O harness, and good to go?
No programming needed, plug and play

catskills837

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
none
Occupation
Registered Nurse
@Beef_Stew PLEASE post an update once you install on the improvement, I’m in the same boat as you, 8-speaker B&O Lariat and the bass is lacking. Overall quality is decent I guess, not terrible and not amazing, but certainly lacking depth in the bass.

If you love it, I just may order a kit too!

OP
OP
Beef_Stew

Beef_Stew

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Auto Body Tech
@Beef_Stew PLEASE post an update once you install on the improvement, I’m in the same boat as you, 8-speaker B&O Lariat and the bass is lacking. Overall quality is decent I guess, not terrible and not amazing, but certainly lacking depth in the bass.

If you love it, I just may order a kit too!
Will do, just gotta wait for my tax refund to hit!

Iceman2022

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150
Occupation
Controls Engineer