Sponsored

Ron

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2011 F150, Soon to be 2021 hybrid
I have the money to COST them whatever they may have made off the sale and I'm MORE than willing to spend it!

I don't care if I "win" or not.

THIS IS COMPLETE B.S.!
If this problem is as widespread as it seems on here and they aren't even trying to handle it in most cases, I assume that there will end up being a class action suit to force their hand to fix it on the trucks with an issue?
Or because we sign and accepted the truck/ or will eventually... Maybe.... if they show up... accept the trucks as they are does that give away the right to?
Sponsored

Tizzzo

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Lead Foot Gray XLT 5.0 Supercrew 4x4
Occupation
Veteran
I apologize in advance since I HAVE NO IDEA about your particular situation but it REALLY pisses me off that people are letting these fcukers get away with this shit!

We pay $XX,XXX.00 for these trucks, wait for MONTHS and THIS IS WHAT THEY DELIVER TO US?

No #$%&@! WAY!

I have a GREAT, Multi-Decade relationship with my Dealership but if they deliver something like this to me, they're going to have a Multi-Thousand dollar relationship with my attorney!

They may very well end up selling "MY" truck to someone with a wire brush and a can of Rustolium but I guarantee they won't make a DIME on the sale.

AND... "I" won't settle for the dealership painting over the rust. I'll demand that they REPLACE those rusted parts and you know damn well they'll NEVER do that without a Court Order.
I completely understand your view of the principle of it, but for me I don’t have an attorney and wouldn’t go to all that trouble just for the axle having surface rust. It doesn’t seem cost effective to me to spend all that money on a legal battle that I can fix for $30, I pick my battles and this one wasn’t worth it for me. When I received my truck I checked underneath and it had very light rust in small spots nothing crazy. As these 2 months have gone on and I noticed it a bit more rusty than when I first received it so I reached out to the dealership I bought it from and they said they “aren’t equipped” to handle that since it’s just surface rust. I then tried another dealership in my area and they said that it’s just surface rust so it won’t affect performance at all therefore they won’t do anything about it. So I went out and spend $30 and took about an hour and a half out of my day and just fixed the issue. I love this truck and can’t see myself throwing a fit for something that doesn’t effect performance, the dealership won’t fix, and that you can’t even see unless you knew about it and peeked underneath. I get it’s a new truck and I shouldn’t have to do anything to it but it’s done for me now and I can move on with my life and enjoy this truck. Shame on Ford for doing this to us though, I’ve been a loyal Ford owner since I bought my first car when I was 18 and sucks that they are turning their backs to their customers, I can see why someone would just jump ship to another manufacturer but for me it wasn’t a serious enough issue to do that.

Tizzzo

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Lead Foot Gray XLT 5.0 Supercrew 4x4
Occupation
Veteran
NOT IF people keep taking their rusted trucks home, scrubbing off the rust and painting it.

THAT'S MY POINT!

They ONLY way this ends up in a "Class Action" (God forbid) is if people like me are willing to go through the trouble of hiring an attorney and filing a lawsuit.

You can mock me all you want but I'm DEADLY serious about this.

THIS SHIT HAS TO STOP!
It is B.S. though I feel you on that, if I had the time and money I would have gone that same route, but I’m a car guy and enjoy wrenching on my vehicles anyways so for me it was an easy fix.

flatag

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F-150 XLT FX4
I’m retired now but I was a mechanic for 41 years, 1 month and 8 days. Not that I was counting. Rust/corrosion is something you never neglect, ever. The fact that people accept massive amounts of rust on a brand new truck is mind boggling to me.

I removed the unacceptable amount of rust on my brand new truck because the cost in time and money to fight Ford or the dealership wasn’t worth it.

The way I will fight back is Ford and the dealership have lost my business forever.

Last edited:

Lippy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Powerboost
I’m retired now but I was a mechanic for 41 years, 1 month and 8 days. Not that I was counting. Rust/corrosion is something you never neglect, ever. The fact that people accept massive amounts of rust on a brand new truck is mind boggling to me.

I removed the unacceptable amount of rust on my brand new truck because the cost in time and money to fight Ford or the dealership wasn’t worth it.

The way I will fight back is Ford and the dealership have lost my business forever.
I'm with ya. But how would I treat a rusted exhaust myself without fighting Ford?

Sponsored

jcaspar

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 4x4
I fixed mine because I didn't want it to get worse waiting for Ford to fix it and I have the knowledge and skills to do it. I am confident that Ford has this fixed and will fix all the trucks with significant rust. I just didn't want to stress over it. And involving an attorney will only wind up making him or her money, likely from my wallet.

flatag

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F-150 XLT FX4
I'm with ya. But how would I treat a rusted exhaust myself without fighting Ford?
Unfortunately I don’t have an answer for you. Luckily for me I don’t have major rust issues with my exhaust. I envision at some point Ford will be forced to address the rust issue. Hopefully before your exhaust rusts through.

flatag

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F-150 XLT FX4
That video is exactly what NOT to do. Painting over rust does not correct the problem.

Sponsored

Jack Miter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Lariat
Occupation
Retired
Instead of painters tape or duck tape I would think aluminum foil crinkled over those items would be easier to apply and remove. Just a thought.
:cool:

Madman

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
3 Ford Explorers
Occupation
Engineer
That video is exactly what NOT to do. Painting over rust does not correct the problem.
@flatag,

Its funny - I just happened across this very video last night and had the exact same reaction you had! Simply spraying paint over rust solves nothing. Its video malpractice! How can they not know this?

I hope that people don't follow their bogus advice. Far better is what @RamblinMan and you showed us. Well done, Gentlemen - intelligent, thorough, and expert. You are both are excellent examples of why I love this Forum!

AnthemMike

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
Well I just finished cleaning mine up...

I didn't want to deal with Ford Motor Company as they're sick of dealing with me after my 2019 woes and I know damn well they won't fix it anytime soon. Figured I'd do it myself to save the time and headaches of Ford saying "normal characteristic of the F150". My rust issues weren't as bad as others....

I did exactly as the OP....taped off hoses/wires, sprayed dissolver on, washed off, dried it then painted. Will buy some CRC tomorrow from west marine. 2 hrs of my time is better than multiple trips to dealer and days without my truck. Hell I went over 100 days without my 2019 bc Ford refused to replace the carpet after ripping it out 3x due to water leaks and finding mold and refusing to buy the truck back.

Unicorn man...we get it you don't need to comment how you're going to hire Morgan & Morgan.

Here are some before and after photos.

Ford F-150 Axle Rust on 2021 F-150: My Method For Treating It 20210605_183229
Ford F-150 Axle Rust on 2021 F-150: My Method For Treating It 20210605_183251
Ford F-150 Axle Rust on 2021 F-150: My Method For Treating It 20210605_213056
Ford F-150 Axle Rust on 2021 F-150: My Method For Treating It 20210605_213123

Ford F-150 Axle Rust on 2021 F-150: My Method For Treating It 20210605_213113

Ford F-150 Axle Rust on 2021 F-150: My Method For Treating It 20210605_185116

Last edited:

Diceman

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Platinum Hybrid, Rapid Red, 6.5 bed
Occupation
Retired US Navy, retired manufacturing
Well I just finished cleaning mine up...

I didn't want to deal with Ford Motor Company as they're sick of dealing with me after my 2019 woes and I know damn well they won't fix it anytime soon. Figured I'd do it myself to save the time and headaches of Ford saying "normal characteristic of the F150". My rust issues weren't as bad as others....

I did exactly as the OP....taped off hoses/wires, sprayed dissolver on, washed off, dried it then painted. Will buy some CRC tomorrow from west marine. 2 hrs of my time is better than multiple trips to dealer and days without my truck. Hell I went over 100 days without my 2019 bc Ford refused to replace the carpet after ripping it out 3x due to water leaks and finding mold and refusing to buy the truck back.

Unicorn man...we get it you don't need to comment how you're going to hire Morgan & Morgan.

Here are some before and after photos.
Looks good great job!

20210605_183229.jpg
20210605_183251.jpg
20210605_213056.jpg
20210605_213123.jpg

20210605_213113.jpg

20210605_185116.jpg
Sponsored