Sponsored

jp1170

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 SCREW Lariat 501A
Occupation
Sr. Systems Engineer
Do the 22 + not come with LED's?? My 21 is stock with LED's.
No Ford went cheap and went back to halogen bulbs for 22'...i ended up going to my local dealer and ordering the LED assembly for a 21' and put in my 22'. I tried the aftermarket route first and like the pictures above at night the brighter aftermarket bulbs had a horrible glare in the back up camera that i was not happy with. It is the more expensive option but the OEM LED setup is the way to go at least for me anyway.
Sponsored

spiritrider1

First Name
Juan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 F150 PB XLT Sport 4x4, 20 Mustang GT Conv.
Occupation
Aircraft Tech & Maintenance planner
After asking the question, I did a little research and am really bewildered about why Ford downgraded the 22 & up model years. Not to mention, all the unavailable parts that are being "credited" for pennies to the dollar. It makes no sense to even order a premium truck now, knowing you are not going to get what you paid for.

I remember all the "Early Adopter" haters making fun of those of us who bought into the 21's - especially the Powerboost. I'm darn glad I ordered mine when I did. Ordered Jan 18, 2021, Built in Feb as a Job 1, Powerboost XLT Sport 4x4 optioned with just about everything available. I basically have a Lariat minus the leather, all for $54K. I ordered what I wanted and GOT what I wanted.

Pelican

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Lariat (502A) Supercrew 3.5L EcoBoost
Occupation
Financial Management
After asking the question, I did a little research and am really bewildered about why Ford downgraded the 22 & up model years. Not to mention, all the unavailable parts that are being "credited" for pennies to the dollar. It makes no sense to even order a premium truck now, knowing you are not going to get what you paid for.

I remember all the "Early Adopter" haters making fun of those of us who bought into the 21's - especially the Powerboost. I'm darn glad I ordered mine when I did. Ordered Jan 18, 2021, Built in Feb as a Job 1, Powerboost XLT Sport 4x4 optioned with just about everything available. I basically have a Lariat minus the leather, all for $54K. I ordered what I wanted and GOT what I wanted.
I wonder if Ford switched because of supply issues. I have a 21 and it came with LED's.

spiritrider1

First Name
Juan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
I wonder if Ford switched because of supply issues. I have a 21 and it came with LED's.
Possibly, but I think they realized they could option things like that and make more money. The 21’s were the ones to get - before the parts shortages.
Funny thing, I swung by the local Ford dealer this afternoon just to browse at the new colors and Black Out options. A salesman came to talk to me and wanted to get me to upgrade to a newer truck and mentioned some ‘cooler’ things on a Platinum we happened to be standing next to. Everything he ticked off, I replied, “Got it already.” Granted, I installed Sylvania Zevo LED bulbs in the tail lights & turns, but those were the only ones on the truck not LED. Used Forscan to set the blink speed.
Yea, a Black Out with the cool hood and tailpipes/rear bumper would be sweet but not sweet enough to pay a ton more.
31K miles on mine with no troubles… she’s a keeper for now.

Pelican

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Lariat (502A) Supercrew 3.5L EcoBoost
Occupation
Financial Management
Possibly, but I think they realized they could option things like that and make more money. The 21’s were the ones to get - before the parts shortages.
Funny thing, I swung by the local Ford dealer this afternoon just to browse at the new colors and Black Out options. A salesman came to talk to me and wanted to get me to upgrade to a newer truck and mentioned some ‘cooler’ things on a Platinum we happened to be standing next to. Everything he ticked off, I replied, “Got it already.” Granted, I installed Sylvania Zevo LED bulbs in the tail lights & turns, but those were the only ones on the truck not LED. Used Forscan to set the blink speed.
Yea, a Black Out with the cool hood and tailpipes/rear bumper would be sweet but not sweet enough to pay a ton more.
31K miles on mine with no troubles… she’s a keeper for now.
I bet that salesman went back to his boss and asked how he could overcome your objections. While they sold a lot in 2021 and 2022, it's going to be tough now. Many of us gobbled up a new vehicle as we were coming out of covid. I'm contemplating trading my truck for a stripped down STX screw with the 3.5L Eco. I like my Lariat, but I'm in my mid 40's and I'd rather save on the payment and plow that extra into retirement. If someone gives me $10k above what I owe and gets my payment to $750 or less, I'm trading mine in.

Sponsored

spiritrider1

First Name
Juan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
I bet that salesman went back to his boss and asked how he could overcome your objections. While they sold a lot in 2021 and 2022, it's going to be tough now. Many of us gobbled up a new vehicle as we were coming out of covid. I'm contemplating trading my truck for a stripped down STX screw with the 3.5L Eco. I like my Lariat, but I'm in my mid 40's and I'd rather save on the payment and plow that extra into retirement. If someone gives me $10k above what I owe and gets my payment to $750 or less, I'm trading mine in.
That may have been doable last summer while used vehicles were outrageously overpriced, but not so sure now. I'm grateful to have had the capability to put a good chunk of $$ down on mine. My monthly's are $650. Still too high for my taste but I don't think it's ever going to get better so I'm sticking with this one.

OP
OP
Eskram

Eskram

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lariat PB 502a
4 month update - one is full of rusty water. 🤷🏼‍♂️

Guess I'll go back to oem housing and led bulb.

Ford F-150 Auxito - F150 Smoke Lens LED License Plate Light Rear Bumper Tag Lights IMG_2660

Ford F-150 Auxito - F150 Smoke Lens LED License Plate Light Rear Bumper Tag Lights IMG_2661

Ford F-150 Auxito - F150 Smoke Lens LED License Plate Light Rear Bumper Tag Lights IMG_2662

spiritrider1

First Name
Juan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
You'd think they'd seal it up? Try some clear silicone around the front & back.

OP
OP
Eskram

Eskram

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lariat PB 502a
Eh, one isn't fully lighting up anymore and I'm done with them at this point anyway - I expect the other one will fail as well.

JohnMcClane

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
15 150

Sponsored

spiritrider1

First Name
Juan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Are the factory LED's available and what's the cost? Outrageous or just slightly obnoxious? :sneaky:
It's sometimes best to go OEM - if you can afford it...

SpaceWhiteF150

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
4 month update - one is full of rusty water. 🤷🏼‍♂️

Guess I'll go back to oem housing and led bulb.

IMG_2660.jpeg

IMG_2661.jpeg

IMG_2662.jpeg
Yeah, that’s what I’ve seen from all the reviews. The morimoto replacements have good reviews though.

I just tossed a red led bulb in my factory housing! Then put a led blocker across the top. To keep the light from showering the tailgate.

Ford F-150 Auxito - F150 Smoke Lens LED License Plate Light Rear Bumper Tag Lights IMG_2532

Ford F-150 Auxito - F150 Smoke Lens LED License Plate Light Rear Bumper Tag Lights IMG_2557

Ford F-150 Auxito - F150 Smoke Lens LED License Plate Light Rear Bumper Tag Lights IMG_2556
Sponsored