First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150, 2018 Murano
Occupation
IT Consultant
Found this new behavior (at least new to me) with the Automatic Transmission. Called TEMPORARY NEUTRAL MODE.Apparently the transmission will automatically shift to Park when the engine has been off for 30 minutes. For example, it is suggested to use this mode when using an Automatic Car Wash, not that I use an automatic car wash. However, it would be important if you needed to pull the truck out of a difficult situation. I know you guy’s don’t get your 4 wheel drives stuck, however if MURPHY visits, you made need it! :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Ford F-150 Automatic Transmission - Temporary Manual Mode 3D207C80-3CEB-40FC-AE74-2C6DF04B8C18
Sponsored

BoilerTimmay

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2011 SCREW 3.5L
Found this new behavior (at least new to me) with the Automatic Transmission. Called TEMPORARY NEUTRAL MODE.Apparently the transmission will automatically shift to Park when the engine has been off for 30 minutes. For example, it is suggested to use this mode when using an Automatic Car Wash, not that I use an automatic car wash. However, it would be important if you needed to pull the truck out of a difficult situation. I know you guy’s don’t get your 4 wheel drives stuck, however if MURPHY visits, you made need it! :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

3D207C80-3CEB-40FC-AE74-2C6DF04B8C18.jpeg
Almost new vehicles have this. More likely to roll away than be damaged in the situation you mentioned. You just double click neutral and you’re good. At least that’s how my Lincoln works.

OP
OP
Reeltime

Reeltime

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150, 2018 Murano
Occupation
IT Consultant
Almost new vehicles have this. More likely to roll away than be damaged in the situation you mentioned. You just double click neutral and you’re good. At least that’s how my Lincoln works.
Understand, I posted because some of us are coming from older trucks that did not behave this way. Just trying to educate someone like me that does not trade vehicles every year. :)

In this case, you have to press the M button.
Sponsored