Auto Wipers and Snow

jaggah

First Name
Joban
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 F150 Powerboost
Sitting inside as it is snowing currently. I am not sure but I swear every time I turn the truck on the wipers turn on. Is this right or am I tripping balls lol. If so how would it work in winter? Should I just turn off auto wipers then
Sponsored

Jus Cruisin

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 GMC Sierra Denali Ultimate 4X4 - 6.2l
Occupation
Very retired
I leave mine off in the winter. They can decide to wipe at really inopportune times and smear the crap on the windshield. That could literally blind you.

powerboatr

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 King Ranch 4x4
Occupation
Retired Navy Senior Chief
mine is left in the auto LOW or long delay setting and yes each time i start the truck it does a courtesy wipe, only at home..

if i leave it in OFF , it still does it. i think my situation is the parking under the carport the windshield gets dusty fast and the camera must sense its dirty ????

i am not sure if its a programmed thing or just the insane dust we have from the street

Big Dog Daddy

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat 5.0 4x4 Ex Cab Antimatter Blue
I turn off auto wipers in the winter. Sometimes they freeze to the windshield when parked and I fear them breaking the arms or linkage.

KBKEITH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 XLT SCREW 5.5, BAP, 3.5EB
I never really liked the auto-wipers on my former ‘21. I found them to be much too sensitive and would switch on when they didn’t need to. That was on the least sensitive setting, too. For reasons others have stated I would turn them off in the winter.

My current ‘22 is old school because co-pilot assist 2.0 was force deleted. It’s not a problem anymore.

towpro

First Name
will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 Lariat Powerboost
is this auto pipe once feather what that " courtesy wipe" setting is in the Sync screen?
Sponsored