First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Lariat FX4 PB
Occupation
Machine Designer - Ford Motor Co.
is everyone getting this line item on their window sticker? I didn't ask for it, but there it is.
So my question is this: On the PowerBoost, will the engine still turn on and off as needed, when using the generator, like it's supposed to?
Sponsored

Vulnox

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Lariat 502A, 3.5L PowerBoost
Yeah, that line item on a PB is a mistake, it is impossible to stop it from starting/stopping as it is a basic function of the hybrid system. So if you have a PB, just ignore that part. It was a build sheet mistake due to them rushing to get that added for the other engines.

OP
OP
CaptainAmericaRob

CaptainAmericaRob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Lariat FX4 PB
Occupation
Machine Designer - Ford Motor Co.
Yeah, that line item on a PB is a mistake, it is impossible to stop it from starting/stopping as it is a basic function of the hybrid system. So if you have a PB, just ignore that part. It was a build sheet mistake due to them rushing to get that added for the other engines.
whew.. lol ok cool, because after living with it for 2-1/2 years on my 2019 Ranger I've gotten used to it.
I'm also glad the PB generator function will work as normal.
thank you.

RalpL

First Name
Ralph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 King Ranch, 601A, PB, 4x2, AMB/SG
Occupation
Retired
Thanks for explaining that - I was wondering as it was showing as a scheduling constraint for some vehicles not having auto start/stop removal. When I asked the dealer, he said no can do for PB, yet it showed as a line item on both my 2021 order and my 2022 replacement order.
Sponsored